BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #177
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by pymoor View Post
I have been reading this forum over the last few months with avid interest.

So I thought I would add me story

I have read with dread some of the lead times quoted not only on here but in the media, but the good news is mine will be delivered to my Head Office on October 1st, so order to delivery 16-17 weeks.

So don't despair quicker than you think!!!
Hope all arrives ok. Look forward to seeing your pics..

I ordered Beginning of May and still no sign of mine as yet... but fingers crossed I will get word soon too...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #178
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Hope all arrives ok. Look forward to seeing your pics..

I ordered Beginning of May and still no sign of mine as yet... but fingers crossed I will get word soon too...
It is quite interesting that you are getting yours so soon Pymoor (relatively) ... IF mine arrives in the same timescale as yours then I would have it at the beginning of December not the beginning of March as expected. That would delight my wife who would like it for our trip to the west of Ireland for Xmas/New Year .. but I had kind of got used to the long wait and was planning on using the X1 on its winter tyres through the worst of the winter weather before getting the new one for the spring!

I don't suppose that if it came in December I could get them to keep it till the spring

Though I did read on another thread someone saying that demand for new cars has collapsed in Russia .. so that might speed up deliveries elsewhere .. but I have no knowledge whether it is true or not !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #179
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

I ordered through a leasing company andBMW park lane who are fulfilling the order said that the last record on the system is that the car left the depot in USA on 18 September. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to arrive at the dealer in London based on oast experience as they couldn't give me a precise date.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #180
AlphaMendoza
Admiral
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI 20D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2touch View Post
I ordered through a leasing company andBMW park lane who are fulfilling the order said that the last record on the system is that the car left the depot in USA on 18 September. Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to arrive at the dealer in London based on oast experience as they couldn't give me a precise date.

Thanks
About a month. I think they go to Germany first, then get shipped to Southampton. You should get it in a couple of weeks!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #181
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMendoza View Post
About a month. I think they go to Germany first, then get shipped to Southampton. You should get it in a couple of weeks!
Cool - thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #182
gisad88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 X3 (sold) - 2015 X3 2.0

Long wait is over

I maybe one of the few lucky ones.

I ordered mine on 10th May and sales advisor initially informed me that the vehicle was expected to be delivered last week of October. Every three weeks, the sales advisor was very active in calling me up and advising what the situation was. There was no change in vehicle order status until first week of August when the advisor advised me that vehicle delivery has been moved forward into the 2nd week of October. Then two weeks later, the advisor called up to inform me vehicle was expected to be delivered a week ahead. To cut the long story short, vehicle was in the country week of 22-Sep, and ready for delivery during the same week. The sales advisor in Stephen James Bromley was very efficient, and my wife and I came out of the dealership with a big smile on our faces

The same sales advisor informed me that orders placed this month are looking at a late April delivery at the very least :-( Apparently, the X3s are selling very well.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #183
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Off topic Only tales of woe and despair are allowed in this thread.
      10-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #184
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Off topic Only tales of woe and despair are allowed in this thread.
Well said that man
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #185
Bramblings
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 awaited....September..

Talking

At last!!!

After seven months of patiently (grrrrr!) waiting since mid-April I'm finally off to collect my X3 2.0D MSport auto tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to see her for the first time .

She's in white and has the glass sunroof, adaptive dampers, 19" 622M wheels, beige interior with walnut trim, interior comfort package, media package BMW Professional, visibility package, comfort access, reverse assist camera, surround view and heated steering wheel.

Having for some reason never had a BMW before I'm really looking forward to getting her.

I'm also pleased that I bought from a dealer 170 miles away from home (don't ask why) so I get a good familiarisation drive on the first day.

I'll post some pictures when I can drag myself away long enough to take them!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #186
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblings View Post
At last!!!

After seven months of patiently (grrrrr!) waiting since mid-April I'm finally off to collect my X3 2.0D MSport auto tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see her for the first time . ... I'll post some pictures when I can drag myself away long enough to take them!!!
An early congratulations to you, Bramblings. You all in the UK sure have a lot of patience awaiting your orders, a testament to your passion for the X3. I do hope this is something BMW can expedite as time goes on. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you can share.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 04:00 AM   #187
Bramblings
England
Rep

Well, I've finally got her, and I must say that early impressions are very favourable indeed!
Picked up yesterday at about 11am with 4 miles showing on the odometer. After drooling for for a while and having things explained I paired the bluetooth to my phone, set the satnav for home (which was way easier to do than in my previous car) and headed off towards home.
Within 30 minutes the heavens opened and I ended up driving my pristine new baby most of the way home in heavy rain and high winds with all the visibility problems that brings with it plus the spray from the heavies.
When I finally made it home with 178 miles on the clock, my pristine car was now looking a bit shabby so I think my first job today will be to give her a wash - didn't think I'd be doing that on the first full day!!
How did she drive? As you, and I, would have expected - beautifully. I am very pleased so far.
May get time for photos later after the wash down.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #188
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Congrats! Often refer to mine as "the puddle smasher". I still try to avoid standing water but worry less when it's unavoidable e.g. when in the 2nd overtaking lane on the M1.
      10-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #189
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Smile

Quote:
At last!!!

After seven months of patiently (grrrrr!) waiting since mid-April I'm finally off to collect my X3 2.0D MSport auto tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to see her for the first time .

She's in white and has the glass sunroof, adaptive dampers, 19" 622M wheels, beige interior with walnut trim, interior comfort package, media package BMW Professional, visibility package, comfort access, reverse assist camera, surround view and heated steering wheel.

Having for some reason never had a BMW before I'm really looking forward to getting her.

I'm also pleased that I bought from a dealer 170 miles away from home (don't ask why) so I get a good familiarisation drive on the first day.

I'll post some pictures when I can drag myself away long enough to take them!!!
Congratulations... looking forward to the pics !!!! esp of the interior as I have ordered the beige

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #190
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
I spoke to my dealer this afternoon for an update on any potential delays. He stated that my car shouldn't be delayed and may in fact come sooner as China has just relinquished a large part of its allocation of cars.

Interesting

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #191
Bramblings
England
Rep

So here she is after having the grime of the first journey washed off.
I have to say I'm delighted with my car - it's a joy to drive and I'm pleased with the beige interior and glad that I didn't go for the Oyster - I think it would have been a bit too much, but I'll find out in a few months because my son has now ordered a white X Line with Oyster interior. I think he may come to regret that somehow - he's got a 10 month old little boy!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #192
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
So here she is after having the grime of the first journey washed off.
I have to say I'm delighted with my car - it's a joy to drive and I'm pleased with the beige interior and glad that I didn't go for the Oyster - I think it would have been a bit too much, but I'll find out in a few months because my son has now ordered a white X Line with Oyster interior. I think he may come to regret that somehow - he's got a 10 month old little boy!!
Very nice .. makes me wish I'd ordered an Msport !

Love the interior ... looks very classy and expensive SO much better than black which would be the obvious choice in a white car...

I too had to choose between Oyster and Beige... my wife loved the Oyster but to my mind it is too pale and lacks something .. but the beige is darker, richer and in my view much more expensive looking. It also doesn't show the dirt anything like the Oyster interior does.

I have Beige in my X1, which is three and a half years old and it still looks like new ... 5 year old boy too !!

Once again very nice car Bramblings

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #193
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Made a couple of changes to my order
Will enquire about the wheel situation. I won't be happy with the 605's

Hi guys, I have recently placed an order to "upgrade" my existing X3
I currently have a 2 year old 2.0D MSport in SG. My new order is as follows:-

3.0D X-Line
Black Sapphire
Black Nevada Leather
Headling Anthracite
Interior Comfort Package
Media Package
Visibility Package - Œ #now getting the LED headlights#
Sport Automatic Transmission
Servo Steering
VDC (Essential option IMO)
Steering Wheel Heating
Towbar
Folding Mirrors
Sports Seats
Seat Heating Rear
HK Speakers
#ŒElectric tow bar#

Expecting the car late Jan.......but I expect it will be ready for a 15 reg
Bring It On !!!!!
      10-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #194
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Just had an update on my X3 X-Line order. Broker sent me grab of his screen.

The numbers show 3347339 - 1200 exp wk 48 - 64 - 30-Nov

Not sure what they all mean but assume 30th November is expected delivery date. The broker says he hopes it might even improve on that too. Be interesting to see what the wheels will be on it..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #195
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:

Not sure what they all mean but assume 30th November is expected delivery date. The broker says he hopes it might even improve on that too. Be interesting to see what the wheels will be on it..
Latest XLine model with the recently added "no wheels" option (at no cost)

Last edited by gazzer666; 10-15-2014 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #196
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Latest XLine model with the recently added "no wheels" option

lol you joke!! I asked on your thread if any update on your car - you get satisfaction ?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #197
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666
Quote:

Very good )))

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #198
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post

Already tried for that option.... it was a no go...

I'll get my coat!!!
Appreciate 0