BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
snbtwins
Rep
Drives: X3

Dynamic Damper Control

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Getting ready to order the X3 30i. If ordering the run flat tires, is it suggested to add the Dynamic Damper Control for $1,000? Does it significantly help with the ride? I'm coming from an MDX that rides plush but I always leave it in Sport Mode as I love the higher throttle and tighter steering. When test driving the X3, it seems like you feel the road more. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
nxa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30d M Sport

Garage List
2018 BMW X3 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snbtwins View Post
If ordering the run flat tires, is it suggested to add the Dynamic Damper Control for $1,000? Does it significantly help with the ride? .... When test driving the X3, it seems like you feel the road more. Thanks in advance!
I delayed on making my X3 order over essentially this issue. I was finding the ride a bit too harsh (compared to every other SUV including Macan) in MOST units I drove but wasn't sure what the factors were. Many reviews and cars I drove where the spec was different to what I thought suggested it was all in the big wheels. In the end by finding the right demos to try, I was able to identify that it was all about the damper control.

My feeling is that BMW are doing themselves a disservice by not making dynamic dampers standard as it gives a bad impression and they are't that expensive as an option.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
snbtwins
Rep
Drives: X3

Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0