BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
ATC1515
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2005 BMW X3

Air Intake and Exhaust system

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am new to the BMW world. I am the happiest guy ever. I bought a 2005 X3. I was wondering is anyone of you out there know of what I can do to save gas for one but I was thinking about getting a cold air intake and or a cat back exhaust for it. I was told by a buddy of mine that this would really make a difference and since you all have X3's I think someone out there would know if it helps and where I can get something for a good price. I was also wondering about the computer chip. Do they make them and are they any good?

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC1515 View Post
I am new to the BMW world. I am the happiest guy ever. I bought a 2005 X3. I was wondering is anyone of you out there know of what I can do to save gas for one but I was thinking about getting a cold air intake and or a cat back exhaust for it. I was told by a buddy of mine that this would really make a difference and since you all have X3's I think someone out there would know if it helps and where I can get something for a good price. I was also wondering about the computer chip. Do they make them and are they any good?
This is the second generation X3 board (2011+). You may get more reponses by posting in the first generation board here:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Congrats on your X3 purchase!
Appreciate 0