BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
silver
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: e90-320d-Tiag

Trying to find the best combination for X3, what do you think?

Hi, I want to order a xDrive20d, for the best look, I want to go with the below combination, what do you think

Deep Sea Blue
Style 309 19" wheels
Oyster Leather
Fineline wave wood trim
xLine
Panoramic glass sunroof
Xenon
Sun protection glass
M steering wheel

-------------------------
and there will be many options....
      03-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

Sounds very classy. I love the deep sea blue and would have ordered it except that I have to park outside during work hours and did not want to have to deal with a boiling hot car. Anyway, oyster leather and deep sea blue are MADE for each other-great combo. And Xenon, that's a MUST!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
CarolinaBlue
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgirl View Post
Sounds very classy. I love the deep sea blue and would have ordered it except that I have to park outside during work hours and did not want to have to deal with a boiling hot car. Anyway, oyster leather and deep sea blue are MADE for each other-great combo. And Xenon, that's a MUST!
I think mythbusters did a show debunking the idea that exterior color affects interior temp.

Deep sea blue is my fav color for the 335d, X3, and X5. And the Z4. I love it :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Passed a Deep Sea Blue in a side street the other day and it looked great; a real head turner.
Ordered Mineral Silver myself but still time to change! Also Oyster and the dark wood which looked brilliant on a demo car.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Well thought out combo, if in UK what about the visibility pack as you have included Xenon's.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
Well thought out combo, if in UK what about the visibility pack as you have included Xenon's.
I was torn on the visibility pack. I could have got it for only about £150 on top of the xenons and the folding mirrors. The reasons that I didn't were

1. I don't trust BMW to know when to dip my headlights - I don't want to be blinding someone coming the other way and for them to drive into me. This also won't work for pedestrians and cyclists. I would have to see this technology working well before I used it. Perhaps someone has it and can provide some feedback.

2. I can't think of any occasion in 15 years of driving when I have thought I wish i had lights that illuminated the road to the left or right when I turn the wheel. I've seen them on VW Golfs and I'm not convinced.

Despite both of the reasons if I had included the Visibility Pack I could well be raving about them both now!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Hi, I want to order a xDrive20d, for the best look, I want to go with the below combination, what do you think

Deep Sea Blue
Style 309 19" wheels
Oyster Leather
Fineline wave wood trim
xLine
Panoramic glass sunroof
Xenon
Sun protection glass
M steering wheel

-------------------------
and there will be many options....
I used to really like the Ink Blue + beige combination on cars so I'm sure Deep Sea Blue + Oyster will look fantastic .

Beige probably easier to maintain but Oyster looks better.

Have fun on the online configurator (if it's working!) and post your final spec so you can get suggestions

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
silver
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

Hi, I am from Turkey not UK

Now there are some issues; I use my cars about 5-6 years, and I think it will be hard to take care of Oyster leather in that time

Second, I am really in love with that car, (M pack + 20" wheels)

White; (video)

and deep sea; http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495205

the white one is like a tank

But I do not like M 19" wheels, style 309 is much better, so If I choose M pack, I will also order 20" wheels as an accessory and it costs about 4000 euro with the tire set

-----------------

So, My choices are;

1. Bmw X3 xDrive20d (Deep sea blue, Oyster leather, 19" Style 307)

-Exclusive Pack (76,400 euro)

Standart equipments;

automatic gearbox, nevada leather (osyter) servotronic, Style 307 18" wheels, perfromance control, rear camera, multifuntional sport steering wheel,
xLine, sunroof, electrochrom inside and outside mirrors, electrical seats with driver memory, heated fron seats, pdc front rear, xenon, automatic air conditioning, cruise control, radio prof., sun protection glass

I should add 19" Style 309 (+700 euro) , M steering wheel (+470 euro)
Deep sea blue metallic paint (+1320 euro), Wave wood trim (+720 euro)
hifi prof. (+1860 euro)

Exclusive pack + options = 81500 euro

------------------

2. Bmw X3 xDrive20d (White M pack + 20" wheels, the car in the video)

M Sport Pack (72600 euro)

this pack not only includes M pack but also includes many equipments, I will not write standart equipments but I should add as an option;

sunroof (+2400 euro), electrical seats front memory (+2000 euro),
hifi prof (+1860 euro), 20" wheel - tire set (+ 4000 euro) (as an accessory)

M sport Pack + options = 82500 euro

-------------

So, Both cars has the list price about 82000 euro
with the discount, I can buy these cars about 76000 - 77000 euro

First car is elegant, but it is hard to keep it clean compared to white one,
and also using osyter leather for 5-6 years can be a real challange
But anyway the car will look great

The second car is gorgeous too, it is a white tank it will be really easy to keep it clean, both interior and exterior, it has stoff - leather seats that is very easy to cope with than Osyter, but of course the interior will not be as nice as the first car, and also the 20" wheels will be a problem for our bad roads

----

So, which car would you choose?
      03-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

The white tank. 100%. Can't believe how much you have to pay though. Ouch! That's £72,000 GBP!

Add VDC and remove sports suspension to iron out those bumpy roads but I think it will still be firm with those 20" bad boys. Love those alloys BTW.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #10
silver
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

vdc costs about 1700 euro

in Turkey we have a magnificent tax system for the cars

Below 1.6 liter engines -- %61 tax
1.6 L - 2 L -- %88 tax
Above 2 liter -- %117 tax

So, I will pay %88 tax for the X3 20d, 42k euro to BMW, 38k euro to government and the total is 80k euro
      03-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
So, I will pay %88 tax for the X3 20d, 42k euro to BMW, 38k euro to government and the total is 80k euro
Ouch!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

I am looking for this combo too, Deep Sea + Oyster, but two issues for me:

1) My wife really doesn't want a light color leather since we have 2 young kids (new born and 2 year old)

2) I don't like the trim options, any of them with this combo, especially the light wood or silver trim, the darker wood is a maybe for me. What I really wish BMW offered here was a black gloss or carbon fiber to go with the oyster or even the Dark Bamboo that the X5 has. I saw this combo in an X5 and loved the dark bamboo with oyster interior.

Deep Sea Blue and oyster is great but ruined by trim choices in my eyes, so I will probably end up going black leather and silver trim (don't care too much for wood trim in a MACHINE, in fact its the sole reason my wife and I eliminate some car choices, especially when they have wood steering wheels, horrible!)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

I have the oyster leather and 2 small kids. Doesn't seem to be a problem, esp since the areas that are prone to getting dirty are black (ie, the backs of the front seats where little tykes like to kick!)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have the oyster leather and 2 small kids. Doesn't seem to be a problem, esp since the areas that are prone to getting dirty are black (ie, the backs of the front seats where little tykes like to kick!)
Please keep us posted on how the oyster is looking. I have a 1 year old and didn't consider it because of him but if I see enough positive feedback I might go lighter next time.

And good luck at the dealership with lotus in your back pocket

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
this is true, my wife always thought it was cheap looking that my C63 had hard plastic on the back of the front seats, then she realized how nice it was when you have kids kicking the back of the seats and it just wipes right off...

She is now considering the oyster as it looks pretty nice with the deep sea blue and verm. red exterior. If we get red it will be her third straight red car though. I refuse to have to cars of the same color shade and have been wanting another red sports car ever since I traded in my 2000 M Roadster (Imola Red)
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #16
silver
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep

thanks for the replies, it seems that I am the only single one
      03-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
Andrewob
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

I have had beige interior and beige leather in a few cars now and have never had an issue keeping it clean, even with kids. I find it doesn't show the dust as much either.

I prefer anything non black as it stands out from norm, with most card having dull black interior
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewob View Post
I have had beige interior and beige leather in a few cars now and have never had an issue keeping it clean, even with kids. I find it doesn't show the dust as much either.

I prefer anything non black as it stands out from norm, with most card having dull black interior
Like the beige also but was worried about keeping the beige carpets reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewob View Post

Like the beige also but was worried about keeping the beige carpets reasonable.
Beige carpets not too bad, it's the beige plastic that marks and won't clean up. The oyster and black combo should solve this

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
vdc costs about 1700 euro

in Turkey we have a magnificent tax system for the cars

Below 1.6 liter engines -- %61 tax
1.6 L - 2 L -- %88 tax
Above 2 liter -- %117 tax

@Silver i have similar taxation, I was going to order last month but unfortunately our currency is loosing against the Euro by over 20% making an extra 12000 euro currency loss if i order now. I have decided to wait and who knows when the currency situation normalizes maybe then the i4 turbo engine will be available. In the interim I watch the currency graphs at Oanda.com
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
The oyster and black combo should solve this
I think so too and currently have this in my configuration.
Appreciate 0