BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
Seven
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 35d M-Sport

Hi Anodite,

It won’t be easy to choose between all the extras BMW has available because each one in the forum will give you valid arguments to most of them.

M-Sport package: You’ll find who love it or who live well without it. I’m in the first group and I’m very pleased to have chosen it because the SAV looks great. In fact, I haven’t seen many photos that give the truly justice to it, but agree that all depends on a personal choice.

Xenon lights: I have to agree with most that was said because the lights are amazing.

PDC Front & Rear plus rear and top view cameras: You don’t get much visibility from the rear window and the cameras really make things a lot easier to park. I’m very pleased to have both and find the top view camera particularly useful. If I’m not mistaken, the Portuguese market request the

Panoramic roof: I won’t say that I’ve dreamt about but it was the toughest item not to choose from my list. I’ve added it and removed it several times before going to my dealer to order the car but ended up removing it because I never was a big fan of panoramic roof, being mostly afraid to have rattles later on. Several people on this forum has reported no problems at all, but I’m not regretted to have skipped it from my list.

Red brown leather: It wouldn’t be my preference but I’ve saw some X3 with it and have to admit it look gorgeous. I went for the havanna and like it very much. It’s really difficult to see a photo to clearly shows the beauty of the havanna colour. I like more the leather seats but if you are choosing between options and find M-Sport important, then I’d stick with leather /cloth pearlpoint and would add another extra that you could find more useful.

Another extra I’d seriously consider and that inamik75, sfax and David already spoke about it is the auto.

If I had to choose from several extras, then the M-Sport package eventually would be one of the last from my list. I don’t like “cheap” plastic as sfax calls it but you can always choose a black sapphire colour and minimize any contrast. I’d definitely go with SE and choose Auto, Pro NAV and rear and Top View cameras instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #24
VNE.79
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Hi,

I am from SA too, BMW advised me last year to trade my 3series as soon as possible, as the new 3series is coming, so your 3series will drop in price alot.
I got the X3 2.0d and love it, this is my first outo an diesel and will never go back to manual and petrol! I get 16.3km/lt. Mine came to a total of R525000 thats after 5% discount, mine is as follows, Hi Fi radio, Pro Nav, black leather seats, blue tooth (voicecontrol included), xenon lights, PDC, electric towbar, waveline woodtrim and white in colour. Just recently changed the black kidney grill to titanium, makes a huge difference.

I love my vechile, had a 3 rattles, but managed to sort it out myself.

Regards
V
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Hi Anodite,

It won’t be easy to choose between all the extras BMW has available because each one in the forum will give you valid arguments to most of them.

M-Sport package: You’ll find who love it or who live well without it. I’m in the first group and I’m very pleased to have chosen it because the SAV looks great. In fact, I haven’t seen many photos that give the truly justice to it, but agree that all depends on a personal choice.

Xenon lights: I have to agree with most that was said because the lights are amazing.

PDC Front & Rear plus rear and top view cameras: You don’t get much visibility from the rear window and the cameras really make things a lot easier to park. I’m very pleased to have both and find the top view camera particularly useful. If I’m not mistaken, the Portuguese market request the

Panoramic roof: I won’t say that I’ve dreamt about but it was the toughest item not to choose from my list. I’ve added it and removed it several times before going to my dealer to order the car but ended up removing it because I never was a big fan of panoramic roof, being mostly afraid to have rattles later on. Several people on this forum has reported no problems at all, but I’m not regretted to have skipped it from my list.

Red brown leather: It wouldn’t be my preference but I’ve saw some X3 with it and have to admit it look gorgeous. I went for the havanna and like it very much. It’s really difficult to see a photo to clearly shows the beauty of the havanna colour. I like more the leather seats but if you are choosing between options and find M-Sport important, then I’d stick with leather /cloth pearlpoint and would add another extra that you could find more useful.

Another extra I’d seriously consider and that inamik75, sfax and David already spoke about it is the auto.

If I had to choose from several extras, then the M-Sport package eventually would be one of the last from my list. I don’t like “cheap” plastic as sfax calls it but you can always choose a black sapphire colour and minimize any contrast. I’d definitely go with SE and choose Auto, Pro NAV and rear and Top View cameras instead.
Seven,

It's so hard to choose from all the options, but I think I have narrowed it down to what I really want.
Regarding the msport, I actually saw for the first time today a white m-sport and it looked amazing, so I'm happy to stick with it.

On my current car I have a sunroof and love it, but I've realised that the panoramic roof is the same price as the pro nav and also many other much more useful options, so I'm considering the pro nav too.

Ill have a look at the havanna and red brown leather option at a dealership to decide. I'll also have to look at the pearlpoint option on a car to see if it really does justice to the premium interior.

I'm definitely going to test drive the auto!

Thanks for all your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #26
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNE.79 View Post
Hi,

I am from SA too, BMW advised me last year to trade my 3series as soon as possible, as the new 3series is coming, so your 3series will drop in price alot.
I got the X3 2.0d and love it, this is my first outo an diesel and will never go back to manual and petrol! I get 16.3km/lt. Mine came to a total of R525000 thats after 5% discount, mine is as follows, Hi Fi radio, Pro Nav, black leather seats, blue tooth (voicecontrol included), xenon lights, PDC, electric towbar, waveline woodtrim and white in colour. Just recently changed the black kidney grill to titanium, makes a huge difference.

I love my vechile, had a 3 rattles, but managed to sort it out myself.

Regards
V
VNE.79,

It's great to have help from a South African! I actually haven't dealt with any salesmen yet, I wanted to first finalise my options. I know that seems strange but I'm going to contact one shortly.
Your fuel consumption is insane! I've considered the diesel mainly because I have an extremely heavy right foot! I get 11litres/100km with my 320i! But it's a significant jump in price when compared to the petrol and I wouldn't be able to get the options that I want.
Anyway, how/where did you get a 5% discount from? I've never had any discount with any of my cars before! Also, where did you get the titanium grill from, I would love that option and I also think it looks much better than the black.

Thanks for all your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
VNE.79
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

Hi,

As far as I know you entilted 5% discount, just ask the salesman.
You can buy titatuim grill set for R3600 at the parts department or what I did, took the grills out, took to car body shop here in PTA East and got it sprayed for R 500, I promise you you will not see the difference, and I'm a perfecsioness when it comes to my stuff, and it looks great. Email me, will give you the salesman detail here in PTA, mcn.vandermerwe @gmail.com

Regards
V
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #28
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNE.79 View Post
Hi,

As far as I know you entilted 5% discount, just ask the salesman.
You can buy titatuim grill set for R3600 at the parts department or what I did, took the grills out, took to car body shop here in PTA East and got it sprayed for R 500, I promise you you will not see the difference, and I'm a perfecsioness when it comes to my stuff, and it looks great. Email me, will give you the salesman detail here in PTA, mcn.vandermerwe @gmail.com

Regards
V
Awesome, I'll email now. Thanks again
Appreciate 0