BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
djdewet
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 3.5i

Talking New BMW X3 35i order

Greeting to all,

Seeing as I now have a X3 35i on order I thought I would introduce myself.

I live in sunny South Africa, and have been trawling this forum and the E90 forum on and off since I first got my E90 back in 2005, but have only posted once or twice.

I currently drive a Arctic 2005 BMW 330i (E90), which I ordered new, and have enjoyed it thoroughly throughout all this time, but is has become time to get something a bit more practical.

I ordered the new X3 on the 26th of July 2012, and luckily the dealer already had an assigned slot, so the build was completed on the 6th of August 2012. And now the long wait begins Dealer said custom orders normally take around 3 months to arrive in South Africa, as it goes via Bremerhaven, before getting on a ship to South Africa. Delivery date on dealer system currently shows the 6th of November 2012

Just noticed this post is getting a bit long, but just thought I'd add, that in South Africa, we only have two option packs (Executive, which is basically Sun/Moon Roof, Automatic tailgate, Xenons and High bean assist) and (Sport Option, which is M-Sport with all the sport goodies, including wheels, seats, Steering, and sport suspension). Apart from the 2 options you can pick just about any option seperately, except for the once which require a specific option to work. And finally just quickly/briefly my config on order:

Exclusive Package, with the following seperate options:
Performance Control, Interior and Exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function, X-Line, Extended Light Package, Roller Sun Blind For Rear Side Windows, Apps, BMW Live, Music interface for Smartphones, Adaptive headlights, Rear view camera with Top View, Bluetooth and USB devices, Hi-Fi loudspeaker LOGIC 7 System, Professional Navigation System, Sport seats, Electrical Trailer tow hitch

Almost forgot, colour options are: Mineral Silver, with Oyster and Fineline Wave

The wait is killing me, I am really jealous of the guys in the states getting their cars so quickly. Anyway, will keep you guys updated, and post pics and mini review once I get it.
Mineral Silver F25 X3 3.5i AT, Oyster/Black/Wave wood trim interior, 307 style wheels, Prof Navi., Moon/Sun Roof, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Auto tailgate, X-Line, Perf. Control, Apps, BMW Live, Top View, Prof. HiFi, Sports Seats, Elec. Tow Hitch, High Beam assist

Last edited by djdewet; 08-30-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
gferguson
Rep
Drives: X3

Congrats on the new X3. I am sure you will find the wait well worth it. Picked up an X35 at the factory in Spartanburg, SC on 9 August. Waited almost 2 months from date I put in order. Performance center experience was great.
Hope you get the video of your build. Still waiting to get an email from BMW telling me mine is availabe on line. Love the car though, deep sea blue with oyster interior, premium and tech pkgs with heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Congrats, welcome to the board, hang in there regarding the wait...

Now tell us some good white shark stories!
      10-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
djdewet
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 3.5i

Cool

Thanks for the welcome guys, sorry for only posting reply now, but work got a bit hectic, but at least it made the wait go a bit quicker. Got very good news today, the car is at the dealer and I can collect it tomorrow can't wait.

Will post some pics as soon as I can.
Mineral Silver F25 X3 3.5i AT, Oyster/Black/Wave wood trim interior, 307 style wheels, Prof Navi., Moon/Sun Roof, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Auto tailgate, X-Line, Perf. Control, Apps, BMW Live, Top View, Prof. HiFi, Sports Seats, Elec. Tow Hitch, High Beam assist
Appreciate 0