BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Anyone aware of incentives/credits/rebates on X3s right now?

According to BMW USA, there's a $1000 drive credit and $500 option allowance right now. My dealer told me I can apply those to any X3, whether I build one myself, buy on the lot, etc.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=2

I don't qualify for military, am not a recent graduate in the last 12 months, and unfortunately, let my BMW CCA membership expire about 6 months ago.

Just want to see if there are any other credits/allowances/rebates/incentives out there I may not be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Prof3ssor
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340

I am about to pull the trigger on a loaded 35i w/ M Sport. I've negotiated the car down to $3k below invoice and that is w/ the $1500 credit so really $1500 under invoice.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #3
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof3ssor View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on a loaded 35i w/ M Sport. I've negotiated the car down to $3k below invoice and that is w/ the $1500 credit so really $1500 under invoice.
Is that on a 2014 model currently in inventory or are you building one?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
wascal
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
I got that same $1000 + $500 when I ordered mine on the 15th.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
LeeAC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I also got about 3K under invoice in December when I purchased mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
Prof3ssor
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Is that on a 2014 model currently in inventory or are you building one?
2014 model.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
PKizzle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36 M3, X4 M40

3K under Invoice!!! How do you guys manage to negotiate the price down by that much? So what is that like around 20% under MSRP? Damn!

I managed to get our 2014 X3 at around $ 500 under invoice and I was pretty proud of myself for what I thought was getting a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
verbs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAC View Post
I also got about 3K under invoice in December when I purchased mine.
Was this for something already in inventory? Would you mind sharing which dealership?

Quote:
2014 model.
Same question, was this for something already in inventory? Would you mind sharing which dealership?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
loyalty. for going back to same dealership?

i think its $500
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:01 AM   #10
LeeAC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Was this for something already in inventory? Would you mind sharing which dealership?

Same question, was this for something already in inventory? Would you mind sharing which dealership?

The car was in production in SC but fit what I wanted exactly. From what I've learned, none of the dealers charge more for a custom built. At least that's what I was told by 3 dealers in Northern VA. So I told them which packages I wanted and the price I wanted to pay. They were able to search for the car in their production inventory and get it pulled to the dealer I bought it from. From what I understand, they don't keep a lot of the "higher" models in stock with lighting packages, head up display, etc because the people that want those cars tend to customize, so they either make them to order or keep them in SC until they're purchased. My car arrived in 1 week, but it was at the end of production when I bought it and secured its delivery. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #11
LeeAC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKizzle View Post
3K under Invoice!!! How do you guys manage to negotiate the price down by that much? So what is that like around 20% under MSRP? Damn!

I managed to get our 2014 X3 at around $ 500 under invoice and I was pretty proud of myself for what I thought was getting a good deal.
I still think that's a good deal. I think I just got lucky and shopped around for a LONG time ...I waited until the end of the year so a big part of my discount were the year end deals. And I fought them a lot on price lol. In reality, they just can't go super low on new cars or they won't make any money.

If you can find a BMW dealer that does mostly internet sales, they're usually willing to go lower than other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
Prof3ssor
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Morristown, NJ is where I go. I am going tomorrow to decide between a white and carbon black. I am leaning toward the white. I made the dealer locate a carbon black loaded and it is due for delivery from Atlanta tomorrow.

Now is a good time to pick up a 2014 before LCI orders start in April. Just know your numbers and what invoice is on everything including the options. Never, ever pay more than invoice and I always demand less as there is always room. They need your business and there is no harm in telling them a number.

Go in prepared. I'm a pain in the as* as I bring in my own laptop with the calculations as dealers can be very intimidating to someone that does not know how the numbers compute. Funny story but 2 nights ago I had the GM, finance manager and sales rep all in an office trying to explain to me how they came up with a number $400.00 higher than my calculations. In the end they all agreed they have no idea how the software they use works except they input numbers. It was actually quite sad as it is simple math but the back screens were calculating something that they could not determine. Bottom line is when taxes were rolled into a payment the software somewhere/somehow added $400.00 In the end I told them I'll pay taxes up front and save the extra $400.

The $1k drive credit and $500 option ends on the 28th. Start by getting the car down below invoice before the credits are applied. If they say no then walk. Who knows what next month will bring but I am happy at where I am at. Negotiating on the tire insurance in NJ is a different story as they never budge. Maybe someone has some advice for me there. My tire insurance paid for itself on my 335i but it was expensive.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
LeeAC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Morristown, NJ is where I go. I am going tomorrow to decide between a white and carbon black. I am leaning toward the white. I made the dealer locate a carbon black loaded and it is due for delivery from Atlanta tomorrow.

Now is a good time to pick up a 2014 before LCI orders start in April. Just know your numbers and what invoice is on everything including the options. Never, ever pay more than invoice and I always demand less as there is always room. They need your business and there is no harm in telling them a number.

Go in prepared. I'm a pain in the as* as I bring in my own laptop with the calculations as dealers can be very intimidating to someone that does not know how the numbers compute. Funny story but 2 nights ago I had the GM, finance manager and sales rep all in an office trying to explain to me how they came up with a number $400.00 higher than my calculations. In the end they all agreed they have no idea how the software they use works except they input numbers. It was actually quite sad as it is simple math but the back screens were calculating something that they could not determine. Bottom line is when taxes were rolled into a payment the software somewhere/somehow added $400.00 In the end I told them I'll pay taxes up front and save the extra $400.

The $1k drive credit and $500 option ends on the 28th. Start by getting the car down below invoice before the credits are applied. If they say no then walk. Who knows what next month will bring but I am happy at where I am at. Negotiating on the tire insurance in NJ is a different story as they never budge. Maybe someone has some advice for me there. My tire insurance paid for itself on my 335i but it was expensive.
^^^Yes!! We had a similar problem where the financial analyst couldn't account for the discrepancy between the total of our monthly payments and the promised price of the car. We ended up going to a different dealer because it was so shady!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Prof3ssor
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Signed the paperwork tonight and I ended up going with the carbon even though I love the AW. It really was a toss up as they are both gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
GSAL55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 2016 340i xDrive Sport

Garage List
Quote:
According to BMW USA, there's a $1000 drive credit and $500 option allowance right now. My dealer told me I can apply those to any X3, whether I build one myself, buy on the lot, etc.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=2

I don't qualify for military, am not a recent graduate in the last 12 months, and unfortunately, let my BMW CCA membership expire about 6 months ago.

Just want to see if there are any other credits/allowances/rebates/incentives out there I may not be aware of.
Not sure if you purchased already but in my market the incentives for the X3 are $2,000 build out cash - that's all I see.
MEDITERRANEAN BLUE METALLIC W/ BLACK NEVADA LEATHER & OYSTER HIGHLIGHT | SPORT PACKAGE | SPORT AUTOMATIC | HARMAN KARDON | PREMIUM PACKAGE | TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE | DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE | LIGHTING PACKAGE | CARBON FIBER M SPORT LIP SPOILER | BLACK KIDNEY GRILLES | BADGES OFF
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #16
cwaturner
14 X3 xDrive 28i; 16 RX350 F-Sport AWD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 28i M-Sport

Having just traded in my '13 last night for an Alpine White with Navajo interior I can tell you that the current months special is a $2000 build out credit.
Appreciate 0