BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #23
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Would that stop the airbag deploying in the event of a crash though?
I thought, but may be wrong, the air bag is deployed only if the seat belt 'circuit' is made? If you disconnect the plug and socket under the seat for the seat pad then; does the control logic assume no one is in the seat and, therefore upon impact the air bag will not deploy? I am not sure of the answers to all the questions.

I just 'drive through' the pain barrier of 2 mins chimes and come out the other end chime free if I dont want to belt up. The problem is I only choose not to belt up when only moving down the drive or a car park or something and have the same problems of nanny state intervention as other members and for that matter any other car driver of a car no older than about 5 years - all brands are the same. Well most, I have a 2011 commercial van that only displays the dash light when not wearing a belt and I am chime free to make my own descision.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #24
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Seat Belt Dummy

I thought about the seat belt dummy tank. It'd have to be one that's like an extender, but without the extension, if you know what I mean. Since I still want to wear my seatbelt.

Someone from BMW actually wanted to take my complaint over the phone, so I'll update ya'lls when that's over. I told them it was a safety concern because we're creating work-arounds that disable, in one fashion or another, the warning chime.

I was really hoping it was something they could fix with a software update. It's seems to me that it's probably more technical/software than hardware. But I don't know.

Oh, a few more little tests... I think the chime is on a timer rather than speed. I got up to 40 mph the other day before the chime was triggered. Seems like it might be a 15-20 second timer. Not exactly sure, but the speed doesn't seem to trigger it.

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0