BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
t4ure4n
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 xdrive 20d

I have 2016 X3. Due to an issue I had to get the driver side front door changed. The guy who fitted it for me didn't swap the motor etc from old to new door citing that it is impossible to remove the motor.

Now I am stuck with drivers window which winds the wrong way i.e when I press the button down the window goes up and when I press the button up the window goes down. It's really annoying and I would like to fix it.

All other windows work just fine. BTW, even when I use the remote and long press the unlock/lock button the driver window slides the opposite direction compared to the rest of the windows.

Any ideas ??
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
My guess is some wires are reversed. I'd be looking at a schematic and verifying the wire colors match at the connectors.

Also, I find it hard to believe the window motor is impossible to remove. Window regulators (motor) fail and are replaced all the time. Are you working with a body shop or a mechanic? I would find someone that knows what's they're doing.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
willywi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x3, BMW x5

Try Re-initialize window
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 02:34 AM   #4
t4ure4n
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
My guess is some wires are reversed. I'd be looking at a schematic and verifying the wire colors match at the connectors.

Also, I find it hard to believe the window motor is impossible to remove. Window regulators (motor) fail and are replaced all the time. Are you working with a body shop or a mechanic? I would find someone that knows what's they're doing.
It's a body shop guy.
He was telling me that he only managed to take the wiring out from the original door and said that there was a slight difference between either the number of wires or colour of wires that go in the connector which is coming out of the door. Other than that every thing was same so he didn't mess with the motor as would mean breaking the door

Is there and specific video for F25 which I can use to try and get the motor out myself?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
t4ure4n
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywi View Post
Try Re-initialize window
How do I do that?
I have seen some YouTube videos but in those they are doing re calibration.
BTW, I have ISTA D software if that can be used.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ure4n View Post
It's a body shop guy.

Is there and specific video for F25 which I can use to try and get the motor out myself?
Yeah, I figured it was a body shop, not a mechanic. Usually the body guy will send it to a mechanic if they can't figure something out.
If it were me, I wouldn't swap regulators, I'd reverse the wires, either re-pin at the connector, or cut, reverse and splice. Ether that or turn the motor can with the magnets 180 degrees, but that's more involved.
Appreciate 0