BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #793
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
I have kind of a non-standard coding question. Since BMW uses electric oil pumps now, could coding be used to run the oil pump briefly before starting to pre-lubricate the engine?
It is highly unlikely, unless that ECU configuration / option already exists for some other market of chassis with same ECU.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #794
abcpop
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F06 650i Xdrive 09/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Back in May 2011

h*t*t*p://www.b*m*w*c*o*d*i*n*g*.*c*o*m*/showthread.php?373

Much was learned about it, but in the end nothing came of it as it was never determined how to expand on it to code other things.

It is VIN specific too, and when it was used in the head unit of a car with a different VIN, the CIC bricked upon booting, presumably a protection scheme.
Thanks Shawn all clear and back to E-Sys for now
At least I learned that keepping pressed the radio on/off button make the I-Drive to reboot
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #795
abcpop
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: F06 650i Xdrive 09/2013

Hello,

Did someone installed a BMW bike support or hook on a F06.

I did on mine but there is a permanent message in the Kombi telling: "Attachment trailer. Use breakes with caution" (my translaction)

BMW is waiting an answer from Munich headquarter without success.

Any idea how ro remove or reduce the showing time of this message ?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #796
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcpop View Post
Thanks Shawn all clear and back to E-Sys for now
At least I learned that keepping pressed the radio on/off button make the I-Drive to reboot

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #797
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

I will be retrofitting my headlights with projectors (xenon and led halos). I tested the hid by replacing the H7 halogens and to my surprise, they won't light up. I searched the internet and saw this thread. Do I really need to code to get the HID to work? Is the FRM 3060 Al the only thing I need to code? Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #798
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

So i coded FRM 3600 AL from Halogen 13.1V to Xenon 100% and the HID worked. It's just that there's a delay when switching to the low beam hid, like a couple of seconds. Are there any other setting i need to change to make the switching instantaneous?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #799
gclone
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Can't Connect via VIN

Hi Guys, I have a 2013 X3, successfully coded a bunch of things, but went to dealer and got reset. Since coding first time have diff laptop, so reinstalled S/W but can't connect since "Connect via VIN" is grayed out.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #800
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gclone View Post
Hi Guys, I have a 2013 X3, successfully coded a bunch of things, but went to dealer and got reset. Since coding first time have diff laptop, so reinstalled S/W but can't connect since "Connect via VIN" is grayed out.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Just as the Dealer updated the software on your car, you must now update the software on your PC.

PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #801
johoja
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2014

Hi,

Could someone PM me a link to download the latest ESYS? and pzdata, and where to get a token. I just bought a X3 2014, F25, that I wanted to code. ..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #802
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johoja View Post
Hi,

Could someone PM me a link to download the latest ESYS? and pzdata, and where to get a token. I just bought a X3 2014, F25, that I wanted to code. ..

Thanks
PM sent on other forum.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #803
csemaa
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 2015 xDrive 35i

Quote:
PM sent on other forum.
shawnsheridan -i read that you are the guru and i need your help
I have a 2012 BMW 335i sport line -
i have:
SA609 - Navigation Professional
SA6NH - Basic BLuetooth with USB/ audio in
I also have the combox in the trunk.
i do not have BMW assist nor the SOS button in my car.

I am looking to upgrade my codes from basic bluetooth to advanced bluetooth; also looking to add the BMW apps, connected apps, office, internet live.
any chance you can PM the link to the latest E-Sys and also what do i need to do to do everything on my wish list ; i am only looking to do coding without any hardware upgrade, so please let me know my limitation.
any help or direction is much appreciated
my email is c*s*e*m*a*a at *g*m*a*i*l dot c*o*m
thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #804
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by csemaa View Post
shawnsheridan -i read that you are the guru and i need your help
I have a 2012 BMW 335i sport line -
i have:
SA609 - Navigation Professional
SA6NH - Basic BLuetooth with USB/ audio in
I also have the combox in the trunk.
i do not have BMW assist nor the SOS button in my car.

I am looking to upgrade my codes from basic bluetooth to advanced bluetooth; also looking to add the BMW apps, connected apps, office, internet live.
any chance you can PM the link to the latest E-Sys and also what do i need to do to do everything on my wish list ; i am only looking to do coding without any hardware upgrade, so please let me know my limitation.
any help or direction is much appreciated
my email is c*s*e*m*a*a at *g*m*a*i*l dot c*o*m
thank you in advance
Since you have 609 Nav Pro, you should have a Combox, which means you can change from 6NH Basic Bluetooth to 6NK or 6NL Enhanced Bluetooth including Office functions. As for BMW Apps, you would need to buy a 6NR FSC code and have it Imported and Activated in the Head Unit first before you could code it, but you would not have Video / iPod out functions as you do not have a Video Connection from the 6FL USB Port nor 6NF Baseplate if you have one. It is unlikely you will get Internet / BMW Live since you have BMW Assist.

PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #805
csemaa
Rep

Quote:
Since you have 609 Nav Pro, you should have a Combox, which means you can change from 6NH Basic Bluetooth to 6NK or 6NL Enhanced Bluetooth including Office functions. As for BMW Apps, you would need to buy a 6NR FSC code and have it Imported and Activated in the Head Unit first before you could code it, but you would not have Video / iPod out functions as you do not have a Video Connection from the 6FL USB Port nor 6NF Baseplate if you have one. It is unlikely you will get Internet / BMW Live since you have BMW Assist.

PM sent.
thanks for the info. i do not have BMW assist so i should be able to get internet / BMW live right? as for coding the 6NK or 6NL- which section do i need to do that. do you guys have the steps to enable that function ? along with internet/ bmw live? I am going to get the cable / E-sys as per your PM.
where do you recommend i get the 6NR FSC code from?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #806
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks for the info. i do not have BMW assist so i should be able to get internet / BMW live right? as for coding the 6NK or 6NL- which section do i need to do that. do you guys have the steps to enable that function ? along with internet/ bmw live? I am going to get the cable / E-sys as per your PM.
where do you recommend i get the 6NR FSC code from?
thanks
No, you still probably cannot get Internet / BMW Live. It is not available in North America, and in some cases it can be made to work; however, it's difficult and the success rate is low.

To Code your Bluetooth, you would modify your VO, and then VO Code the Head Unit and Combox.

PM sent for 6NR FSC Code source.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 11-15-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #807
xDrei
Rep
Drives: x3 28i

E-Sys for coding 2014 Enhanced Bluetooth

May I request a link to the latest esys software? I have the cable, but after extensive search could not land the software
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #808
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrei View Post
May I request a link to the latest esys software? I have the cable, but after extensive search could not land the software
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #809
xDrei
Rep
Drives: x3 28i

Thank you Shawn.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #810
csemaa
Rep

Quote:
No, you still probably can not get Internet / BMW Live. It is not available in North America, and in some cases it can be made to work; however, it's difficult and the success rate is low.

To Code your Bluetooth, you would modify your VO, and then VO Code the Head Unit and Combox.

PM sent for 6NR FSC Code source.
shawnsheridan - first i would like to THANK YOU immensely for all your help. I got the cable today and i was able to code everything i wanted. yay
few questions: I changed 6NH to 6NK- everything works ( I Unlock A2DP Bluetooth Audio Streaming, I was able to use my iPhone 5s cable to play music, album art is now displayed in idrive, i unlocked Mobile office); however i see mobile office in my menu but only contact shows up. when i get a text or an email ; they don't show up on my screen. what did i do wrong?

I also enabled BMW live - i see BMW live and BMW internet on my screen under connected drive; i enabled tethering on my iPhone but i am not sure how to connect the internet to my radio? do i need to enable an extra feature?

one last question: i am going to help my friend change some of his codes too on his own car, i am going to be using the same laptop / e-sys that i used on mine. Do i need to re-install e-sys to use it on a new car? i don't want my files to mix with his and mess things up. please let me know what i can do.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #811
csemaa
Rep

i also read that i need to modify 6NK_EXT_CONNECTION_MOBILE_EQUIPMENT- which i didn't do.
is that true shawn? the only thing i did is

I Replace 6NH with 6NK in my VO.
then VO Code HU_CIC and CM_MEDIA ECU's:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #812
csemaa
Rep

do you guys know how to code the following? i haven't seen this on any of the cheat sheets.
you know when you put the heated seats and heated steering wheel on and then you turn off your car and if you come within 10-15 min, the same settings are turned on automatically.
how can i extend the time to 1 hour or even more. i live in Canada and it is getting cold now; i would love to have the heated seat, heated steering wheel always on when i turn on the car. i can always re-code it back to factory setting in the fall / summer

thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #813
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
shawnsheridan - first i would like to THANK YOU immensely for all your help. I got the cable today and i was able to code everything i wanted. yay
few questions: I changed 6NH to 6NK- everything works ( I Unlock A2DP Bluetooth Audio Streaming, I was able to use my iPhone 5s cable to play music, album art is now displayed in idrive, i unlocked Mobile office); however i see mobile office in my menu but only contact shows up. when i get a text or an email ; they don't show up on my screen. what did i do wrong?

I also enabled BMW live - i see BMW live and BMW internet on my screen under connected drive; i enabled tethering on my iPhone but i am not sure how to connect the internet to my radio? do i need to enable an extra feature?

one last question: i am going to help my friend change some of his codes too on his own car, i am going to be using the same laptop / e-sys that i used on mine. Do i need to re-install e-sys to use it on a new car? i don't want my files to mix with his and mess things up. please let me know what i can do.

thank you
Quote:
i also read that i need to modify 6NK_EXT_CONNECTION_MOBILE_EQUIPMENT- which i didn't do.
is that true shawn? the only thing i did is

I Replace 6NH with 6NK in my VO.
then VO Code HU_CIC and CM_MEDIA ECU's:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
There is no special coding to make SMS / Email work. If Office is enabled, it should work. You do need to enable it under the iDrive Phone and under the Bluetooth Options. The other thing is the phone must support and have enabled on it Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile).

I don't know what "modify 6NK_EXT_CONNECTION_MOBILE_EQUIPMENT" means. Changing VO from 6NH to 6NK though and VO Coding Head Unit and Combox if present is all that is needed.

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #814
csemaa
Rep

Quote:
There is no special coding to make SMS / Email work. If Office is enabled, it should work. You do need to enable it under the iDrive Phone and under the Bluetooth Options. The other thing is the phone must support and have enabled on it Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile).
i am thinking maybe SMS / Email in office are not compatible with iOS7.
i am using an iphone5s iOs 7
Appreciate 0