BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
knp100
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 35d

Frontal Collision Warning

Firstly - many thanks to every contributor on this forum. It has been extremely informative and has led me to change the specs on my order countless times already!!

And possibly again....

Understand from an earlier post that with the lane departure warning system (5AD), you get the frontal collision warning system...

Just wanted to confirm that is the case and whether this 'extra' feature (frontal collision warning) is dependant on also having HUD?

Many thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
alexg62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport

I'm in US and have both Lane Departure and HUD. I can confirm that Frontal Collision is there. I can't tell you if it requires HUD or not, but since it shows up on instrument cluster I would imagine that it does not require HUD.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
knp100
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg62
I'm in US and have both Lane Departure and HUD. I can confirm that Frontal Collision is there. I can't tell you if it requires HUD or not, but since it shows up on instrument cluster I would imagine that it does not require HUD.
Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

I opted not to get the lane departure warning as I didn't want it, but didn't realise it came with forward warning till I got the car an the user manual.

Bit aggravated now ...

I can't help but wonder if most of it is a coding option as I do have speed limit info and I think all three features use the front facing camera.

... of course the buttons on the dash to turn on and off lane departure and forward warning are a different problem entirely ...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0