BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2023, 10:18 AM   #23
hateahater
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicf97 View Post
I’ve noticed it around that many miles also but wasn’t really concerned, now the car has 15k miles I notice it a lot more and much louder so that concerns me a little maybe something is going bad idk… for the shifts yes when I’m in sport but automatic the downshifts in some places are harsh especially from 3rd to 2nd but when in manual mode the shifts are crisp.
Okay so the shifting thing has to be normal. Im sure it's just a software bug. Ive been searching and listening to a bunch of different noises and I'm almost certain the buzzing noise has to be a pump of some sort. If I listen closely I can hear it all the time when the car is idling. I can't get that on video because its so faint but I can tell its the same exact sound and what's odd about that is if I just blip the throttle a tiny little bit the noise goes away and comes right back when it falls down to idle speed again. Hmm so maybe water pump or some sort of electric pump must be the culprit.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 02:26 PM   #24
hateahater
Private
Rep

Garage List
Okay so I finally got a answer from bmw. According to the tech at the dealership it’s suppose to be a normal operation. He said it’s a bypass system for the transmission fluid so it’s not heated by the engine for not reason while using remote start because it know your not going anywhere yet. Is this the final outcome? I’m not so sure but for now I have to go with it considering bmw has no tab there’s no trouble codes and he said with something that noticeable it would definitely be know by bmw. I would love to hear everyone’s opinion on this because if it continues to get worse I’ll have to pursue it further. Thanks to everyone in advance I truly appreciate all the help I can get and would always return the favor.
Appreciate 1
joebie3298.50
      12-01-2023, 06:04 PM   #25
hateahater
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicf97 View Post
I’ve noticed it around that many miles also but wasn’t really concerned, now the car has 15k miles I notice it a lot more and much louder so that concerns me a little maybe something is going bad idk… for the shifts yes when I’m in sport but automatic the downshifts in some places are harsh especially from 3rd to 2nd but when in manual mode the shifts are crisp.
I finally got somewhat of a “answer.”
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 10:09 AM   #26
toxicf97
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M COMP

Garage List
BMW X3M Comp  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateahater View Post
I finally got somewhat of a “answer.”
Hehe let’s hear it
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 10:20 AM   #27
hateahater
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay so I finally got a answer from bmw. According to the tech at the dealership it’s suppose to be a normal operation. He said it’s a bypass system for the transmission fluid so it’s not heated by the engine for not reason while using remote start because it know your not going anywhere yet. Is this the final outcome? I’m not so sure but for now I have to go with it considering bmw has no tab there’s no trouble codes and he said with something that noticeable it would definitely be know by bmw. I would love to hear everyone’s opinion on this because if it continues to get worse I’ll have to pursue it further. Thanks to everyone in advance I truly appreciate all the help I can get and would always return the favor.
toxicf97
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 06:36 AM   #28
joebie3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 STI - 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2014 Subaru STi  [5.00]
Quote:
Kind of interesting honestly, I would almost think you'd want the trans to start warming up with the engine.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 02:49 PM   #29
hateahater
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebie3 View Post
Kind of interesting honestly, I would almost think you'd want the trans to start warming up with the engine.
Yeah I agree. Besides that you’d think a bypass system of some sort wouldn’t have to make such a loud buzzing sound? I’m sure they could make a bypass that was quiet so I’m still questioning what it actually is.
Appreciate 1
joebie3298.50
      12-05-2023, 04:54 PM   #30
toxicf97
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M COMP

Garage List
BMW X3M Comp  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah I agree. Besides that you’d think a bypass system of some sort wouldn’t have to make such a loud buzzing sound? I’m sure they could make a bypass that was quiet so I’m still questioning what it actually is.
I’ll probably get to know soon what my dealer says and I’ll let yall know!
Appreciate 2