BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw>audi View Post
So expensive in oz...
Just shy of 100K for a 3.0d fully spec'd msport!

And to think we don't get the more expensive 3.5i or 3.5d engine options here....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #24
Agent Orange
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 DSB/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw>audi View Post
So expensive in oz...
Agreed! In reading this post, I was amazed at the cost of the X3 in Australia.

When I purchased my X3 (USA) last month, I had to sign a document that said I was prohibited from exporting the X3 for 1 year. I was thinking...why would anyone do that? But now I can see that with prices varying throughout the world, it could make sense to buy one here and then sell it on (not sure how that works in REALITY...but it just points to the significant difference in prices).
      01-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #25
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

hi bvp,

my x3 is custom build and was ordered in august and had my car ready to pick up by end of Oct 2011. it is quite a fast delivery as commented by others in forum.
when i took my car, i checked all details and ensuring that the car is a Sept built one.
all the options are customs built and there is no such car with all these option in dealers (at least i tried 3 dealers in sydney area.)
if you want more details with my car and where i got it, u can send me a private message and i can email you the details from that onwards.
hopefully my experience with the X3 will help to pursue a right decision to fit your need.
cheers....

ppduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvp95p View Post
Ppduck - been following your experience in getting the x20d and read about your reviews following your Sydney-Gold Coast drive. Certainly has whet my appetite. I wanted to ask if your x3 with those extra options was built to your order, or was it a ready stock with the dealer that you found. I am considering an x20d and unsure whether to order build or accept one that is in stock now (but which does not have the options I would like). I went to a dealer at Parramatta yesterday and was told that none of the x3 in stock in the whole of Australia has bi-xenon lights. Not entirely convinced is the least I can say.

Also, if I were to order build (dealer estimates April 2012 delivery) do you think this is less likely to get a better discount than to negotiate over a ready stock?

Grateful for any guidance.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
bvp95p
Rep
Drives: x1 sdrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOSQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvp95p View Post
Ppduck - been following your experience in getting the x20d and read about your reviews following your Sydney-Gold Coast drive. Certainly has whet my appetite. I wanted to ask if your x3 with those extra options was built to your order, or was it a ready stock with the dealer that you found. I am considering an x20d and unsure whether to order build or accept one that is in stock now (but which does not have the options I would like). I went to a dealer at Parramatta yesterday and was told that none of the x3 in stock in the whole of Australia has bi-xenon lights. Not entirely convinced is the least I can say.

Also, if I were to order build (dealer estimates April 2012 delivery) do you think this is less likely to get a better discount than to negotiate over a ready stock?

Grateful for any guidance.
Hey mate,

If your going to spend upwards of 70k on a 2.0d with options, order from the factory.

What you say about the bi-xenons may be correct, but it's probably more relevant to the combo your looking at.

I ordered my car in August 2011, it came in first week of December without the bi-xenons I ordered, so they reordered another car for me which should hopefully get here before the end of March....

Bi-xenons can only be fitted from the factory....

Hope this helps..
Thanks for the advice OOOSQ
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #27
holo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport coupe DCT

My other half is keen On the 2litre petrol and will add leather seats and sat nav to it. We got a quote of 71,000 and she can get the corporate package.

However I'm trying to up sell her to the 3litre petrol, better performance and leather as standard. That seems to be about $82k, anyone been able to get it closer to $75k on the road ?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know about the discount you get on the car. I was personally never made aware of it. How does it work if you are doing a trade-in, because the dealer could either give you an average trade-in for the car and then give you a good discount or give you a great trade-in and little or no discount at all. Or do people still get good trade-ins and a discount? For all my cars so far, I was given quite poor trade-ins with no discounts.

I'd appreciate all your help.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #29
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
I just wanted to know about the discount you get on the car. I was personally never made aware of it.
Its a negotiation, like any contract. They are not going to 'make you aware of it'. All dealers have a margin, they can use that margin to discount in order to make a sale.

I've historically been reasonably successful with discounts on new cars, even those that are 'in demand' or with '6 month waiting lists'. I have one simple rule: always remember that the dealer is not selling you the car. You are buying the car from the dealer. You have the $$$, you have the negotiating position, nothing else matters.
      01-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #30
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw View Post
Its a negotiation, like any contract. They are not going to 'make you aware of it'. All dealers have a margin, they can use that margin to discount in order to make a sale.

I've historically been reasonably successful with discounts on new cars, even those that are 'in demand' or with '6 month waiting lists'. I have one simple rule: always remember that the dealer is not selling you the car. You are buying the car from the dealer. You have the $$$, you have the negotiating position, nothing else matters.
Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

@ bvp95p

srry mate, forgot i post something here lol....

the car was a floor stock that just happen to have all those, was not a build if i wantted a build was told at least 4month wait.... and not as much discount.. hope that helps

tim
      05-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #32
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

Update...

So after negotiating back and forth we ordered an Alpine White X3 2.0d. It's a build with the following options:

19" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke 369 M
M Sport package
Panorama glass roof
Front seat heating
Xenon
Headlight washer system
Navigation system Business
BMW Head-Up Display
Music interface for Smartphones
Connectivity
Rear view camera with Top View

$86k drive-away in VIC... what do you guys think of the price? I received a 8.5% discount off RRP.

We're very excited about our first BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
khaiql
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 2012 30D

Hi Crest,

That's a reasonable discount you got there.

I got a "bare bones" 30D (sunroof and different 18" wheels) for $80K drive-away. Worked out to be just over 12% discount over retail pricing.

Hope you don't mind the long wait for build and delivery... but it will definitely be worth it in the end.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #34
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey khaiql,

I received a letter from the sales guy today saying that the car will be ready in July, I thought it was quite quick.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I paid 76K for what you have minus heads up but including towbar...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #36
khaiql
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 2012 30D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEsT View Post
Hey khaiql,

I received a letter from the sales guy today saying that the car will be ready in July, I thought it was quite quick.
Saw a thread recently that build times of 2013 models are much quicker. You might have been lucky with shipment dates too as the ship only comes every month or so. For example, I had to wait 4.5 months for delivery (ordered mid-December and delivered late-April) but if I had ordered 2 days earlier would have had it mid-March.

edit: BTW, welcome to the BMW club.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOOSQ View Post
I paid 76K for what you have minus heads up but including towbar...

Are you for real? that's around 20% off RRP.

Share the details of your sales guy!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #38
CrEsT
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaiql View Post
Saw a thread recently that build times of 2013 models are much quicker. You might have been lucky with shipment dates too as the ship only comes every month or so. For example, I had to wait 4.5 months for delivery (ordered mid-December and delivered late-April) but if I had ordered 2 days earlier would have had it mid-March.

edit: BTW, welcome to the BMW club.
At first he said 4 months but yes, seems like the manufacturing time is improving.

Still July feels ages away
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #39
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEsT View Post
Are you for real? that's around 20% off RRP.

Share the details of your sales guy!!
I sell for a living and I didn't go into the dealership to buy the car at that particular point in time - walked out with a good deal so I signed up.

Best time to buy a car is when you don't need to!

It did come around and bite me on the ass however - a dealership bugger up cost be another 3 months wait.
Appreciate 0