BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #23
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90diesel View Post
Sat in a 2011 x3 28i today. I was very impressed with the interior looks and quality except for the sienna wood, it looked like cheap plastic to my wife and I. The dark wood seems like a better choice imo. The non sport seats were very nice. The cargo area behind the rear seat is very small.

The exterior looks better in person than in pics, VERY nice looking.It had just been dropped off the truck so I didn't get to drive it.

I hope BMW offers a 35d or 20d here in the USA. Unless another diesel is offered first I'll be an owner.
What color was the model you saw? I've only ever seen the alphine white in both the pre-production and fully loaded models they had here.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #24
e90diesel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d sold

It was Black Sapphire with Black leather. The white stitching looked really nice...made me wonder what it would look like after a few years of use/cleaning? will the white tread stain get dirty in spots?

I would like to see an Alpine white or Mineral Silver model to see how the body lines look in a light color, they look sharp in black.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #25
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90diesel View Post
It was Black Sapphire with Black leather. The white stitching looked really nice...made me wonder what it would look like after a few years of use/cleaning? will the white tread stain get dirty in spots?

I would like to see an Alpine white or Mineral Silver model to see how the body lines look in a light color, they look sharp in black.
Nice, this car does look amazing in black at least in the pics although living in the NW and driving on wet freeways 9 months of the year would mean a lot of washing to keep that clean.

Good point you bring up about the white stitching, I hadn't thought of that.

I'd really like to see the Mineral Silver too... I like it in the pics, but have yet to see that color in person yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #26
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

BMWblog mentioned that Europe is getting the new 3.0 turbo diesel 245hp not the one in the 3 series and X5 and they speculate we will get it. 6.2 0-60 time, I would assume that they will probably phase out the current diesel and go with this one since its probably cleaner and more efficient.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #27
LSB M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: which one?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Cons:
-no negotiation on price whatsoever. I was told I would definately have to pay full MSRP. Maybe in 4-6 months they could give a slight discount.
I've seen a 3.2 Q5 for 46k that was pretty well equipped and nice, so even though I really like the new X3 I don't know if I'd say this one I drove is worth almost 10k more really. Also I have never purchased a new car at full MSRP, or even a new model at full MSRP, and not sure if that is common for new BMW's. Thoughts?

No negotiation on price?! That's BS! I just got back from a dealer in the Boston area.... without trying too hard at all, he already offered me a price below MSRP.

Call around and get the dealers to compete against each other...

I've put together a spreadsheet that has MSRP and Invoice pricing, by option. Email me if you want it, I can send it to you.

Last edited by LSB M; 12-28-2010 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #28
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSB M View Post
No negotiation on price?! That's BS! I just got back from a dealer in the Boston area.... without trying too hard at all, he already offered me a price below MSRP.

Call around and get the dealers to compete against each other...

I've put together a spreadsheet that has MSRP and Invoice pricing, by option. Email me if you want it, I can send it to you.

Were you able to talk down to anywhere near invoice? Somewhere in the middle or only a slight discount off MSRP?

The no negotiating thing they pulled on me kind of just made me put the new X3 on hold for now. I'm really not in a hurry; however, I am still excited about the new X3, so it makes it tough to try and be patient and wait for the initial release hype and excietment to settle down.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #29
LSB M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: which one?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Were you able to talk down to anywhere near invoice? Somewhere in the middle or only a slight discount off MSRP?

The no negotiating thing they pulled on me kind of just made me put the new X3 on hold for now. I'm really not in a hurry; however, I am still excited about the new X3, so it makes it tough to try and be patient and wait for the initial release hype and excietment to settle down.
Best I've done so far is to get him to cut his 8% profit by half....

But someone else on here seems to have gotten below invoice, which is really surprising.
Appreciate 0