BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

normal sport and sport+ in-car video

Just took a vid of the different shift points of the different DHP modes. Normal shifts around 6000 rpms, while sport and sport+ shift at redline. Can't really tell a difference in the shift points, but sport+ seems to hold the gear higher than sport.

08-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep

Is this how other folks' sport and sport+ behave? I am most curious about the rpms staying as high as they are after romping on the gas and letting off..
      08-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

ferdinand, looks like you were having fun.

I'll try to note on mine, but I have to say I drive sorta on the faster end of things, but haven't been able to keep the rpms up in that range that long with ending up going too fast for the curves or becoming a red-beacon-on-my-roof magnet for state troopers. They're kinda picky about speed around here.

Shift points are hard to compare, I think, in that it depends on the whole combination of factors from speed, gear, settings, throttle position, throttle rate, and acceleration resulting from those items (e.g. difference between stepping on it going up a steep hill or down one).

ferdinand, you were doing that in the auto mode, yes? Not in sport manual holding in a selected gear until the computer overrode?
      08-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep

That was all in auto mode…and I tried to obey all speed limits! …or at least editing out the naughty parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
ferdinand, looks like you were having fun.

I'll try to note on mine, but I have to say I drive sorta on the faster end of things, but haven't been able to keep the rpms up in that range that long with ending up going too fast for the curves or becoming a red-beacon-on-my-roof magnet for state troopers. They're kinda picky about speed around here.

Shift points are hard to compare, I think, in that it depends on the whole combination of factors from speed, gear, settings, throttle position, throttle rate, and acceleration resulting from those items (e.g. difference between stepping on it going up a steep hill or down one).

ferdinand, you were doing that in the auto mode, yes? Not in sport manual holding in a selected gear until the computer overrode?