BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
MikeBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Driver window--very light popping noise

Hi all,

I've noticed a really light popping/clicking noise from the top left portion of the driver's window (guess that'd make it the aft portion of the window, high up by the pillar). I suppose it could also be coming from near the top of the door panel, where it intersects with the glass. I'm 99% certain the dealer will tell me CND but hoping maybe others have had something similar with a solution I can site. It doesn't sound like anything loose (not a loud rattle) just that it's not fitting really well and there's some pressure on the frame/window transition area when over undulating road surfaces (even very small imperfections). Hot/Cold, doesn't seem to be different. Anybody hear the same thing? I'll add that my 09 535XI had a louder issue of the same thing that I never tried to fix...

Car is going in tomorrow for a persistent (okay, it's only happened twice) LOW COOLANT issue, a left brake lamp intermittent caution, and the leaking water on the passenger floorboard. Giddyup.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBimmer View Post
Hi all,

I've noticed a really light popping/clicking noise from the top left portion of the driver's window (guess that'd make it the aft portion of the window, high up by the pillar). I suppose it could also be coming from near the top of the door panel, where it intersects with the glass. I'm 99% certain the dealer will tell me CND but hoping maybe others have had something similar with a solution I can site. It doesn't sound like anything loose (not a loud rattle) just that it's not fitting really well and there's some pressure on the frame/window transition area when over undulating road surfaces (even very small imperfections). Hot/Cold, doesn't seem to be different. Anybody hear the same thing? I'll add that my 09 535XI had a louder issue of the same thing that I never tried to fix...

Car is going in tomorrow for a persistent (okay, it's only happened twice) LOW COOLANT issue, a left brake lamp intermittent caution, and the leaking water on the passenger floorboard. Giddyup.

It's the door lock. Mine does it, too. Pull the door handle to the point of resistance and you'll hear the same noise. Going to get it fixed soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
MikeBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Interesting. I hadn't considered that. I'll check that out tomorrow. Let me know if the dealer fixes yours properly/any issues with them. Thanks!
Appreciate 0