BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

F25 Alignment Specs?

My wife ran over a curb during some nasty weather yesterday, and I'm trying to do a quick check of alignment, but I can't seem to find the factory specs anywhere. Anybody who has had an alignment done recently got a report showing the target specs?

No vibration, so I don't think she bent a wheel, and no blistering on the new Michelins. Steering wheel slightly off center, but I don't drive the car often enough to remember if it has always been that way.

'12 X3 35i M-Sport, if it makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Since nobody with an X3 seem to have time, I will give you some X4 35i data - handy since I had a re-alignment due to lowered vehicle. I believe same chassis. If you are within 10% of nominal values you should be OK.

Also: someone doing alignments should have BMW data, but I gather you will do your own check.

Nominal values:

Note: ¤=degree
------ Front - -- Rear
Toe: +0¤06` +0¤12`
Camber: -0¤20` -1¤30`

To mine mind those are the important ones.

Remarks
-mine had a little toe out front, which I did not notice. Very small angles.
-rear camber is significant and will probably have an impact on steering/handling.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
My wife ran over a curb during some nasty weather yesterday, and I'm trying to do a quick check of alignment, but I can't seem to find the factory specs anywhere. Anybody who has had an alignment done recently got a report showing the target specs?

No vibration, so I don't think she bent a wheel, and no blistering on the new Michelins. Steering wheel slightly off center, but I don't drive the car often enough to remember if it has always been that way.

'12 X3 35i M-Sport, if it makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Since nobody with an X3 seem to have time, I will give you some X4 35i data - handy since I had a re-alignment due to lowered vehicle. I believe same chassis. If you are within 10% of nominal values you should be OK.

Also: someone doing alignments should have BMW data, but I gather you will do your own check.

Nominal values:

Note: ¤=degree
------ Front - -- Rear
Toe: +0¤06` +0¤12`
Camber: -0¤20` -1¤30`

To mine mind those are the important ones.

Remarks
-mine had a little toe out front, which I did not notice. Very small angles.
-rear camber is significant and will probably have an impact on steering/handling.
My GF has a X3 35i that is being delivered via Performance Center.

When we need to do an alignment on that, I'll do another write up. I've done my own alignments: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1171025

There may be a bit involved with the preparation for the alignment such as properly loading the vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Thanks. That's in the ballpark with what I found here:

http://www.jltechno.com/en/alignment...ModelID=300586

Everything checks out on my car except the front toe, which is only slightly out of spec. I'll tweak it and take care of centering the wheel at the same time.
Appreciate 0