BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Will BMW up-sell more options at contract signing?

I ordered an X3 and am picking up at the PDC on Feb. 25th. I am going in to pay/sign the papers in the next week and am curious if BMW generally has other options they will try to up-sell at contract signing? I would just like to walk in prepared - going through this process seems worse than going to the dentist, but I haven't done it with BMW before. Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Yes. BMW concierge service stuff. Extended maintenance. Wheel/tire coverage. Additional exterior/interior protective coating. Some system that impedes "steal and chop" through VIN-connected black-light labels. Program that gives cash back if your car is stolen and not recovered. Lojack. Feel like I'm missing something but it's not coming to me.
      02-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

I just did this 1/27 and dislike sales people (sorry to those who are) but the process was OK. They offer a Tire and Wheel Protection Plan ($899) which is for 3 or 5 years and completely covers the replacement or repair with no deductible. there are exceptions such as abuse,etc. They offer a 5 year protection warranty on exterior paint,interior fabric and vinyl/leather for ($499). The painted exterior surfaces are treated with "First Place Finish Exterior Protection" and the interior fabric,vinyl,and leather surfaces are also treated with "First Place Interior Protection" as well. They also offer an extended warranty past the standard 4 year/50,000 miles (don't remember that price).

Nahoa- what is Lojack? Is that part of the "etched" # on the glass which is close to the VIN # on the dash ? The "Theft Deterrent" charge is $199. That sounded like voo-doo to me.

Last edited by Brutus1; 02-05-2011 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I got the wheel/tire coverage based on past experience in this area with potholes and screws in the road. Also got the extra protective coating. Had a truck spray some liquid on my car on the freeway a few years back that hosed up the paint job. This would protect and cover it. Included interior protection and coverage for the stitching that pushed me over the edge considering my dogs.
      02-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
I just did this 1/27 and hate sales people (sorry to those who are)

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
JamesBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Thanks for the info. Sounds better than a dentist I guess So far, the sales process has been better than any car I've bought in the past and the CA has been more knowledgeable so I should have less to fear. Nahoa: good point on the stitching with the dog - I have the same issue + a 7 year old.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I got the wheel/tire coverage based on past experience in this area with potholes and screws in the road. Also got the extra protective coating. Had a truck spray some liquid on my car on the freeway a few years back that hosed up the paint job. This would protect and cover it. Included interior protection and coverage for the stitching that pushed me over the edge considering my dogs.
These are all dealer add-ons to maximize their revenue. They are not unique to BMW.

A simple firm 'No, not interested' normally takes care of it.
Appreciate 0