BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
PS_Rob
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive28i

Getting my first BMW

I'm picking up my first BMW, a new X3 in a few days. Anything I should be aware of or be sure to ask?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Check all of the paintwork very carefully for any defects and check you have every option you ordered (including correct size of alloys!) and that they all work. Also check the tyre pressure. It will probably be wrong.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

First BMW....

Congratulations!!! I took delivery early November, and was fortunate enough to do business with a great dealership. I built an X3 28i with just about every option on it, and I love it. My suggestions for the delivery: be particular, but allow yourself to enjoy the experience. Yes, look for the flaws in the paint, and perhaps other slight possible issues, but I doubt that you will find any. I found that there was a small plastic piece missing where you open the front engine compartment - I believe that the computer system diagnostics are connected there - but the dealer found it and everything was okay.

I can remember that I felt a little overwhelmed after reviewing all of the features that were on this vehicle, but remember, its designed around the driver. Within a couple of weeks, I was very familiar with all of the controls and operations of the vehicle, and love it. I found it particularly helpful to review the online owners manual and the owners manual videos.

As a side note: When I was deciding on what new vehicle to purchase, it seemed like quite a few reviews noted the rear defroster wires (built into the window) and how distracting they were. I took that with a grain of salt, and very glad I did! I don't notice them at all now.

I love my new BMW X3 28i, its truly the Ultimate Driving Machine and delivers "Joy" to me every day. Please remember: "Dream it, Build it, Drive it"..... and enJOY it..... Happy Holidays, and best of luck with your new BMW X3!!!!