BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
idfisher
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE Auto, Vis, Pro Nav

problem with cruise control calibration

has anyone had issues with their cruise control? my 2013 has had this issue intermittently for 7 months. when you set the cruise, the green dot moves up but doesn't always correspond with the actual needle. so i could be doing 70, the green dot is showing 74 and the cruise number in the driver information is showing 72. discrepancy varies from 2-6mph. BMW can't replicate the issue despite me putting video on youtube for them. video below.

car is a 2013 UK X3 2.0d SE auto with Vis pack

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #2
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

I noticed you're in EcoPro mode in the video. Maybe what you're seeing is a symptom of the car putting a high priority on fuel consumption by feathering the throttle and approaching cruise setpoints slowly. Have you tried to duplicate the problem in other modes?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
idfisher
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE Auto, Vis, Pro Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
I noticed you're in EcoPro mode in the video. Maybe what you're seeing is a symptom of the car putting a high priority on fuel consumption by feathering the throttle and approaching cruise setpoints slowly. Have you tried to duplicate the problem in other modes?
Hi woodchuck. tried driving the car in both comfort and sport. issue is the problem is very erratic and can take a month or a day to re-appear. it however has re-appeared in both comfort and sport.

the issue is when you first initiate cruise, it sets to the wrong value. so if I am doing 40mph and hit the cruise set button, it can set the green dot to 44 but the green number that shows and disappears matches the needle.

weird
Appreciate 0