BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Eastern Euro X3 - No Idrive screen?

See youtube video 0:43 secs

No idrive screen?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps

Last edited by BIMMER UK 76; 01-23-2011 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Looks like a little shutter has been pulled down over the top it? I remember asking my dealer about screen you got if you had no sat nav option. He said no screen at all which I'm certain is rubbish. Surely it's the smaller 6" iDrive screen.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Looks like a little shutter has been pulled down over the top it? I remember asking my dealer about screen you got if you had no sat nav option. He said no screen at all which I'm certain is rubbish. Surely it's the smaller 6" iDrive screen.
No sat nav = smaller screen (freaking dealers know sod all)

Later in the video there is a small recess where the Idrive controller should be so guess it is a eastern euro spec?

See 2:11 and 3:28 times

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
No sat nav = smaller screen (freaking dealers know sod all)

Later in the video there is a small recess where the Idrive controller should be so guess it is a eastern euro spec?

See 2:11 and 3:28 times
No way! Apologies, I hadn't watched the whole video. Eastern European spec only? I'm not so sure now. Maybe my dealer was right?! Noooooo! They've never been right about anything have they?

Will bump this one to the guy from Cardiff asking about sat nav. I would want to know if no sat nav = no screen. Surely not

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
DefaultUser
Rep
Drives: F25 20d

Not sure how it is in other Eastern European countries, but in Poland you get small screen and iDrive as standard.
If you want Sat Nav you must buy Professional Navigation with the biggest screen etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
Tsambi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

The screen comes standard with what BMW call professional radio. I believe option code 633. This is standard in Australia but may not be in your country. I would check with the configurator on your country's web page
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
Tsambi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sorry option code 663
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
zlobnuy
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: bmw

this car with BMW Radio business - with this option no screen so an iDrive

With all other, starting from BMW professional radio the screen and iDrive available.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
DefaultUser
Rep

Correction:
I checked the configurator again and there's no iDrive in standard (it comes with Profi Radio 663). It wasn't like that when I ordered mine in Oct. They must have changed it for '11.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultUser View Post
Correction:
I checked the configurator again and there's no iDrive in standard (it comes with Profi Radio 663). It wasn't like that when I ordered mine in Oct. They must have changed it for '11.
Czy jestes Polakiem? Kiedy odebrales swoj samochod?

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Sfax Czy jestes Polakiem?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sfax Czy jestes Polakiem?
Nie, ale uczę się języka polskiego ponieważ moja żonę jest Polką. A ty?!

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Nope, do a lot of business in Poland

Google translate is very handy

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nope, do a lot of business in Poland

Google translate is very handy
I see! Yep, google translate is very good to get the general idea. Shame it can't help with the impossibly difficult grammar!!

Vegas, Poland, Kenya ... When are you going to find time to drive your new X3?!

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nie, ale uczę się języka polskiego ponieważ moja żonę jest Polką. A ty?!
Just seen what this looks like! iPhone Polish letters don't work clearly.

For the avoidance of any doubt, and just to reiterate what BUK76 has said, a UK order has iDrive with 6.5" colour screen as standard and you can see it listed on page 1 of the price list brochure under Standard Equipment Highlights.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
DefaultUser
Rep

Quote:
Czy jestes Polakiem? Kiedy odebrales swoj samochod?
:-) Tak, jestem Polakiem, serdeczne pozdrowienia dla żony!

I ordered the car on 24 Sep, with mid Dec delivery time. At the beginning of Nov the delivery time was moved to mid Jan and the car was ready and waiting on 15th of Jan.

I tested 520d (E60), X1 20d (manual and auto) and 520d(F10). Each of them I had at least overnight, some for a weekend.

After all that I ordered a car which I wasn't even able to see in person :-).
I don't regret my decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #17
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultUser View Post
:-) Tak, jestem Polakiem, serdeczne pozdrowienia dla żony!

I ordered the car on 24 Sep, with mid Dec delivery time. At the beginning of Nov the delivery time was moved to mid Jan and the car was ready and waiting on 15th of Jan.

I tested 520d (E60), X1 20d (manual and auto) and 520d(F10). Each of them I had at least overnight, some for a weekend.

After all that I ordered a car which I wasn't even able to see in person :-).
I don't regret my decision.
Dziekuje, pozdrowie

Thanks for the info and great to know you have no regrets. I see you got in early with your order, good work . I'm still waiting and my status seems to be stuck on departed plant since the 14th Jan. To jest bardzo denerwujacy!

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
julesjen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Dziekuje, pozdrowie

Thanks for the info and great to know you have no regrets. I see you got in early with your order, good work . I'm still waiting and my status seems to be stuck on departed plant since the 14th Jan. To jest bardzo denerwujacy!
Have same info from my dealer ref delivery and my status also seems stuck on departed plant since 14th Jan. have tried lots of ways to track delivery but no luck.My dealer say delivery could be anytime in next 4-6 weeks which seems like a lifetime,after all its only coming from USA .can anyone help us in the UK get better delivery info like in USA where they seem to be ableto track delivery by the hour .fed up waiting heeeeeelp
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #19
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

As a guide my x3 left the plant on 14th December and I just received a phone call yesterday to tell me it'll be ready for pick up next week so 4-6 weeks seems a reasonable estimate based on my experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotX3 View Post
As a guide my x3 left the plant on 14th December and I just received a phone call yesterday to tell me it'll be ready for pick up next week so 4-6 weeks seems a reasonable estimate based on my experience.
Cheers, Did they tell you when it was on the ship? I wouldn't mind the wait so much if I knew an approximate delivery date. It's like getting blood from a stone getting information on production status. I know there's another ship leaving Charleston for Southampton tomorrow (assuming that's even the correct route) but whether it's got X3s or XBoxes on it is anyone's guess!

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

They weren't able to give a firm view of when it was on the ship. I've seen from a few you tubes that they are subjected to a train journey before the ship. My dealer did tell me however that there is a backlog at customs/BMW dispatch in southampton as the compound had to close due to the bad weather in dec. I'm sure this backlog will be cleared by the time yours lands.

I do sympathise with your wait...having ordered in august my 5 month wait is getting slower and slower!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotX3 View Post
They weren't able to give a firm view of when it was on the ship. I've seen from a few you tubes that they are subjected to a train journey before the ship. My dealer did tell me however that there is a backlog at customs/BMW dispatch in southampton as the compound had to close due to the bad weather in dec. I'm sure this backlog will be cleared by the time yours lands.

I do sympathise with your wait...having ordered in august my 5 month wait is getting slower and slower!!
Nice one, cheers. I'll just have to wait for an update from the fountain of knowledge that is my dealer. Post some pics when you take delivery please!

Appreciate 0