BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Nah, snow in California can be a great thing!! Better from NorCal, but that's just my obligatory NorCal/SoCal bias coming out. :-) You can visit the snow, spend weeks and weekends in the snow, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, sitting by the fire drinking and ogling the snow, then drive home to a clear driveway, put on your shorts and throw a ball in the backyard. Not at all the same as living in a snow region, but it has some advantages!
Usually, this time of year means that three roads going through the Sierra's are closed until sometime in May. Because of the grades and severe corners, it's really risky to run the heavy snow removal equipment. Highest pass is Tioga, highway 120 through Yosemite Nat'l Park. With just a trace of snow on the road, the Feds close it.

Currently, it's open.

No snow yet for NorCal.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #24
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Begs the question why someone doesn't develop a free drive thro tyre depth scanner, to give you an update every time you exit the fuel filling station. I also feel the UK tread minimum is dangerously low and have never got close to it in any car I have owned, but that is another story.
Actually Nokian Tyres has stamped an easy gauge in their tyres. In the middle of the tread, you can see numbers from 1...8 when the tyre is new. When it wears out, the highest number you see is the tread depth. E.g. if you see numbers 1...5, you have 5mm thread.

Here is a photo of it:

http://media.digtator.fi/digtator//p...&org=38&view=0
Appreciate 0