BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-18-2024, 10:22 AM   #1
chris55552
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x3 35i

Footwell Rest Module Coding issue

I was doing some coding on my 35i and the connection got interrupted corrupting the code. For some reason Bimmercode didnt back it up so now its corrupt throwing every light malfunction there is, does anyone know a fix for this? I noticed a new module isnt that expensive if I went that route does the new module need to be coded to my vehicle or are they plug and play modules?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 12:23 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Try using e-sys to code it. Personally, I don't trust phone apps for coding, especially with wireless comms. I also connect a strong charger for a coding session.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 01:34 AM   #3
bimmer1202
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 x3 2017 & E90 328xi 2009

This happened to me a couple weeks ago actually. I was coding and it was the wireless Apple CarPlay that interrupted the coding. Because even though I had airplane mode on, Bluetooth is still on so it was trying to connect to CarPlay which screwed up the coding… thus I tried to restore the back up code but it wouldn’t let me so I also had a ton of lights on my dash. I reached out to bimmercode support and they told me that my obd2 tool was known to be like that. I had the ivagte and I guess that’s why it’s no longer on the list of compatible scan tools on the bimmercode site. Anyways, bought a new obd2 tool from the list on the website and was able to restore back up file and then code what I wanted to code and all the lights went away!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 04:06 AM   #4
chris55552
Private
Rep

can you send me a link for the tool you used, or tools so Ill know exactly what to get to resolve this. Its kinda driving me nuts. For some weird reason its doing crazy things to my windows the way they roll up so im anxious to get it fixed. Thank you so much for chiming in and offering your experience, whew that helps. Thanks in advance. I used a kies motorsports obd adapter and my android phone to mess it up. What will I need to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 05:13 AM   #5
radunre
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

For Android OS, I am using OBDLink MX+ bluetooth or OBDLink SX with USB-A to USB-C adapter.
The wired one is much faster and cheaper, if your phone have support for OTG.

https://bimmercode.app/adapters/
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 04:40 AM   #6
chris55552
Private
Rep

I have a kies motosport adapter, according to bimmercode yours is designed for bimmercode where is the kies is just compatible. I assume yours must come with built in default coding the kies lacks.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 09:16 PM   #7
nicknackks
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 E70 X5 2016 F15 X5

I have the Vgate vLinker BM Plus Bluetooth and I code from an android phone and I have had issues with coding as well. When I code something other functions on the car stop working or behave differently. I'll have to try a different adapter I suppose. I am a little disappointed that bimmercode or bimmerlink don't allow the VTG calibration and other functions that some other affordable OBDII tools offer. I think apps were around $40 a piece and I had to buy adapter for $46 so that's $126 for something that doesn't really work for everything I need. A Foxwell NT530 is only $169 plus tax and I realize it doesn't code, but with the adapter that I bought (which was on the list at the time I purchased it) I can't code anyway. I do realize that the maker of bimmercode / bimmerlink does not advertise that it can do the VTG calibration but I didn't know I would be needing that when purchased. Live and learn I suppose.

*edit - I read bimmer1202's reply and assumed that I had the same adapter, but I just checked and the one that I have is still on the list of recommended adapters. I'm still going to try and get ESYS and ISTA working as an alternative.

-Nick
Appreciate 0