BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
20/20
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

New X3 Owner

Hi all,

Just wanted to report I am the new happy owner of an Alpine White BMW X3 2.8. I recently purchased the car for my mother, and had an amazing ordering and pick-up experience. We got a fantastic deal from David Aviles at Northwest BMW (bmwdavid@me.com) despite being from Florida, and did the PCD delivery. I would highly recommend David as there was no haggling, stress, and everything was handled over phone/email.

I just recently returned from the PCD and I must say it was a blast. I had previously done the European Delivery for my M3, and this was very different but equally fun. We got to drive the X3s on the BMW off-road course and I was impressed by its handling. We also got a ring-taxi-like ride in the M5 with an instructor which left our adrenaline pumping, and did the skid-pad on the new 3-series with and without the DSC.

The drive home on the new X3 was very pleasant. It does have a diesel-like sound when starting-up but the power is very smooth and plentiful. The transmission is amazing as well as the handling. We did the slalom at the PCD on the X3, and I felt like I was in a regular 3-series the handling was so good.

Overall it was a great experience and I'd highly recommend the PCD for anyone considering a new X-BMW. I might be getting an X3 for myself as a second car after this...
Attached Images

2014 Range Rover Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
jmcbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 X-drive 30i

Nice! I wish I could have done the pick up in South Carolina. Congrats!
Appreciate 0