BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
jock
Registered
Rep
Drives: santa fe

first bmw

Hi Folks

i was hoping to buy my first bmw x3 second edition, Problem is my budget is £20000, when i looked at the start of the year i could find x3 for around £20000-£22000, around the central belt scotland, but now i can't find one for less than £25000 and that's with high miles, i have been told to try northen ireland as they can be picked up cheaper, has anyone done this before, is there any potential hidden costs involved in this, would appreciate any advice, before my wife makes me buy the kia sportage.

kind regards
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Hi Jock, I keep an eye on prices to get an idea as to how much mine is depreciating. I have noticed within the last couple of months that if anything, used prices are going up. It is probably a bad time of year to be looking for a 4x4 as demand is likely to be higher. You might be better holding off to Spring if your wife will allow
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Your budget will be a problem - My local dealer has told me that X3s are easy to resell as most dealers hold a list of buyers. Have you spoken to your local BMW dealer as they may be a bit dearer but they will at least work with you?
Certainly no bargains down here in the SW!

Good luck
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
jock
Registered
Rep
Drives: santa fe

Spoke to my local dealer, who admitted due to the positive press the new x3 has received and the number of enquirers asking for a used/ex demo, they can command an extra £4000 easily " it's a supply and demand thing" i'll try and hang off but if the weather closes in i'm done for.
Appreciate 0