BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
fkperformance
Rep
Drives: F25 X3, e46 330ci

F25 X3 Coding help

Hi all,

I had some coding done on my Pre LCI F25 x3 (retrofit xenon headlights), however now the brake lights are stuck on (only the tail lights, centre light works as it should).

I am relatively new to coding F series with e-sys, the issue I have is that I didn't perform the initial coding so I don't have a factory copy of the FA or SVT to compare changes.

Is anyone able to screen shot what the normal coding for the brake lights should be for Pre-LCI X3? I can then go through and find the anomaly hopefully.

I did find the following post which suggests that coding xenons will change some brake light parameters, I checked the relevant parameters as mentioned in this thread and corrected them, but still no dice:

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...t=factory+cafd

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

Did you retrofit a LCI front/xenons?
Regardless, I should have my FRM saved on my coding laptop I can send you an old NCD to compare. Just be careful comparing, I am in the US with factory Xenon.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
fkperformance
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayzac View Post
Did you retrofit a LCI front/xenons?
Regardless, I should have my FRM saved on my coding laptop I can send you an old NCD to compare. Just be careful comparing, I am in the US with factory Xenon.
Yes I retrofitted the whole front end with xenons. Is yours pre-LCI? Thank you for sending the file through!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 05:59 PM   #4
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yup. Did it help at all?
I do have the lighting package though so I have the LED taillights, not sure if yours was xenon before the retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 01:21 AM   #5
fkperformance
Rep

Quote:
Yup. Did it help at all?
I do have the lighting package though so I have the LED taillights, not sure if yours was xenon before the retrofit.
Still haven't had a sec to sit down, convert them to FWL and download notepad++

Hopefully will make some traction soon, will post results
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 11:25 PM   #6
fkperformance
Rep

So just an update if anyone else has this issue.

Like I said I am pretty new to coding. I didn't have the original CAFD file to compare what coding was changed on my car.

I realised that by clicking the ecu it's self in e sys, and then hitting code, it will code it back to the default parameters.

So I backed up the current CAFD, restored the default values then compared the CAFDs. Found the differences and slowly started making the changes. Eventually I got to DRL_MODUS which was the parameter that caused my brake lights to stay on. I changed it to tfl_s ohne sl and that option makes my brake lights function normally. The headlights work except for the adaptive feature and the DRL function.

I believe the reason this happened is because I have LCI xenon headlights with the standard halogen tail lights. If I upgrade my tail lights with the correct wiring, I am hoping that my DRL function will work correctly front and rear. Then it is in to installing ride height sensors. I need to figure out the wiring and coding for that, if anyone has any tips please let me know

Cheers
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2022, 10:55 AM   #7
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Congrats!
Wiring diagram + 'replacing' them. Looks easy but next to impossible to tell where the front one is from the picture provided.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Ride height sensors.pdf (435.5 KB, 119 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 07:27 AM   #8
fkperformance
Rep

Quote:
Congrats!
Wiring diagram + 'replacing' them. Looks easy but next to impossible to tell where the front one is from the picture provided.
Quote:
Congrats!
Cheers. I am really struggling to find useful wiring diagrams in ISTA+. I've figured out to filter my searches for ssw results, but the diagrams between my pre LCI x3 and my donor LCI X3 are apparently the same (I even tried the method without a vin and selected a 2017 x3).

Any recommendations apart from paying for bmwtis? My current plan is just to trace the wiring on the donor car, which isn't ideal but it's all I have.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 11:20 AM   #9
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I posted what is available from newtis and most likely has the exact same diagram as ISTA. It's unfortunately not a common retrofit for someone to have posted a how-to. I don't see a registration link for newtis right now- it pops up once in a while..
Appreciate 1