BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Mosson
Rep
Drives: x3 2014

BMW Live and Internet suspended?

At least in Sweden these two options are in the last few days not anymore available for any model of BMW.
Any info available on why?

I guess this could mean various things - most likely that these options are just going to be added as standard from now on?

Kind of annoying options (6AL and 614) as BMW live had few opportunities in Sweden without the possibility of accessing/subscribing to the BMW network and the Internet is really only a rather cumbersome browser in iDrive with unclear versions of JAVA and other browser functionalities (only accessible in stationary car) that feeds through the phone internet sharing by bluetooth (no car-sim-card in swedish BMWs)
Most irritating though - they were 120€ each.

Apart from this (and of course the still lacking of support for sms (sometimes showing) and email (never showing) in iPhone to iDrive) I must say I am very pleased with the latest version of iDrive when it comes to navigation, phone and media handling
X3xDrive 2.0d Ocean blue Metallic Leather 'Nevada'Havanna Auto Servotronic Runflat tyres Alloy rims V-spoke Alarm Electric tow Dark side and back windows Seat heating front Seat heating rear Wood Fineline "Wave" Navigation system Professional Head-Up Display Internet BMW Live BMW Apps Bluetooth Professional Comfort package (Xenon, Ambient lights package, PDC)

Last edited by Mosson; 07-06-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0