BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #89
Sir Wolfie
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 3d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Picked her up today, drives well as expected, new software loaded on the car.
One thing though the Stop/Start did not work on the way home, the engineer said because the new software was just loaded,it may take a few miles to settle!. Is this Bull?.
Time will tell.

Pleased that you got it sorted eventually. Just hope you don't experience any further issues. Now go enjoy your new toy
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #90
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Nobody said anything about workers deliberately sabotaging the line. My implication was only to the extent that they might exhibit a lack of motivation due to an incredibly standardized job description to begin with.

Nonetheless, I see your point. It's upsetting to see things like "I love my new X3 and it doesn't have any problems," threads, because those with problems--like myself--are not attacking those without problems, but that thread is a clear strike back at an initial strike that never really happened. And you can also imagine my discontent with the fact that your 2011 doesn't have problems but both of my 2011's do/did. As you can tell, I'm hardheaded , but clearly I'm too hardheaded to let go of having an X3, because I do love it (I'll lemon this one if I have to--I love it that much).

Know, though, that I intend not to undermine the credibility of the purchases we've all made, problems or not. This isn't personal. It's just my luck, that's all.
I don't think that the "I love my new X3 and it doesn't have any problems" thread was directed at people like you who have had issues. It was directed towards all the people that post things like "I'm getting worried about my order" and then list a load of random problems and imply there must be major build quality issues with all new X3s and perhaps they should cancel etc.

You just got unlucky - twice - unfortunately. I hope things improve for you Judd

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #91
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
Hope all is with the 35D. Is it back in your good books?

I see BMW UK have a used 35D for over 50K, and that's £!!!! Lots of toy but a bit steep for a 2nd hand car!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #92
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I don't think that the "I love my new X3 and it doesn't have any problems" thread was directed at people like you who have had issues. It was directed towards all the people that post things like "I'm getting worried about my order" and then list a load of random problems and imply there must be major build quality issues with all new X3s and perhaps they should cancel etc.

You just got unlucky - twice - unfortunately. I hope things improve for you Judd
That is exactly the intent - forum paranoia gets a bit annoying when all you hear about are complaints and problems (real issues). Car forums tend to magnify the bad and those who have not had any issues don't usually come on to say I have had no issues...wasn't meant as a jab at you...
      11-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #93
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by married w/X3 View Post
I'm sorry for John's situation and understand the anger with BMW. However as an working class person myself, I will continue to defend and support those in Spartanburg. Reading across these forums, i guess i'm not a typical Bimmer owner.
No you are not alone (thankfully) - you just happened to articulate it better than the rest of us.
      11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #94
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggy1969 View Post

I see BMW UK have a used 35D for over 50K, and that's £!!!! Lots of toy but a bit steep for a 2nd hand car!
A used 35D mine was the first one here!!!!
It's running great.
I have just found the one you are referring too, silver, it has come in same time as mine and reg as a DEMO.
      11-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #95
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:

I can see 3 x F25 35D on BMW.co.uk under a used search. Only one has a price - £50K
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #96
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
I can see 3 x F25 35D on BMW.co.uk under a used search. Only one has a price - £50K
Yes they are coming in now, I have found the extra power is welcome after the 550i M Sport ( which I do not miss). The torque in this 35D is strong.
      11-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #97
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

John, about the start-stop: this is also depending on outside temperature. I noticed that below approx. 3 degrees celsius start-stop is deactivated.

Good to hear that you have the car back now. Must be horrible to drive home and than have it picked up again by the garage.

Enjoy it!
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 02:31 AM   #98
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeze View Post
John, about the start-stop: this is also depending on outside temperature. I noticed that below approx. 3 degrees celsius start-stop is deactivated.

Good to hear that you have the car back now. Must be horrible to drive home and than have it picked up again by the garage.

Enjoy it!
Hi stop/start working great now, yea it was a "Downer" coming home and then having it go straight back
However my take on the whole issue is; The new production line opened week 40. This was the week my car was produced on the new line. I think a batch of some old parts was put aside for the line and Steering racks were some of these parts. The reason I say this is when the Engineers removed my rack there was NO part numbers on it!!.
They were surprised at this and not seen this before.
Anyway all is well now, and the Car is a joy to drive.
      12-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #99
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

UPDATE; after 825 Miles car still drives great, town economy 35MPH, out of town cruising 40MPG, general booting 35/37MPG.
NO rattles Wind noises Nothing, just quiet.
I am loving this car now, really like it when the Stop/start cuts in.

Compensation £1000.00 from BMW UK

I am a happy chappy.
      12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #100
troggy1969
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D MSport 2016

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
UPDATE; after 825 Miles car still drives great, town economy 35MPH, out of town cruising 40MPG, general booting 35/37MPG.
NO rattles Wind noises Nothing, just quiet.
I am loving this car now, really like it when the Stop/start cuts in.

Compensation £1000.00 from BMW UK

I am a happy chappy.
Gives you faith. A Happy Christmas from BMW. I wonder if you are still on their Christmas card list!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #101
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Gives you faith. A Happy Christmas from BMW. I wonder if you are still on their Christmas card list!!!
I doubt it.
      05-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #102
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Still not on sale here. Probably not going to see it here?
By the way did a tour of the factory in Charleston sc where they are made. Humans barely touch anything anymore. 90% automated robots, so quality issues are robots not humans. I was told by engineer that there are car to car variations due to engineering tolerances in the robots. First time I heard that, always assumed everything was exact, but learned otherwise. He also explained they have new robots building the X3 to smaller tolerances than prior BMW models, and that the x5 has the biggest tolerances, but next model will match x3 technology. Interesting and awesom place to be to witness the robot rumba at work. Humans inspect and test drive mostly. You can't catch everything, just a fact. Someone going to get a poorly built vehicle every once in a while when all the starts align.
      05-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #103
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Economy !!!

So after 4000 miles I am now driving "Normally" and economy is NOT spectacular. Mostly out of town 38MPG mixed 35 MPG

Booting it 35 MPG.

Nothing like BMW's claims.