BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #111
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Cheers Bimmer. With regard to the grilles, the dealer was fine in the end. Had the grilles and the chrome exhaust pipe for £185 fitted. Chuffed with that. The pictures are a bit low quality so the colours are all over the palce. The siena wood trim works far better than I thought, the wife and my son picked the colour scheme. By the way you do get the chrome ashtray cups now, they were in the car, as was netting and a few other bits and bobs I wasn't expecting. As for the maunal box will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #112
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
Cheers Bimmer. With regard to the grilles, the dealer was fine in the end. Had the grilles and the chrome exhaust pipe for £185 fitted. Chuffed with that. The pictures are a bit low quality so the colours are all over the palce. The siena wood trim works far better than I thought, the wife and my son picked the colour scheme. By the way you do get the chrome ashtray cups now, they were in the car, as was netting and a few other bits and bobs I wasn't expecting. As for the maunal box will let you know.
OK...your wife and son have good taste!

Have a quick look to see if the ashtray cups have part numbers stamped on (I know others have looked with no joy)

Enjoy

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #113
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Had chance to use the remote iPhone app to set the climate in the car today. Some people have said it's disabled but it worked for me earlier. I set the timer, got to the car a couple of minutes after the start time and when I opened the car the air con was on and it was cold. Could come in very handy

Has anyone else got this working?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #114
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Your battery is in need of a charge!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #115
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Sfax, neat app!

I did a roadtrip Leicestershire to Celtic Manor and drove mainly on cruise at 70mph (average speed 64.5 according to trip) - only got 45.6 mpg which I was a little dissapointed as my old 520d returned mid 50s on a similar run.

Daily average at 35.8 but driving with a slightly heavy right foot!

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #116
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Sfax, neat app!

I did a roadtrip Leicestershire to Celtic Manor and drove mainly on cruise at 70mph (average speed 64.5 according to trip) - only got 45.6 mpg which I was a little dissapointed as my old 520d returned mid 50s on a similar run.

I have a similar opinion. It's good fuel economy but how you would ever get close to 50mpg (which is supposed to be mixed driving) is beyond me. I managed 43mpg last week on a 120 mile round trip. Was very conservative, keeping it at about 70 on the motorway, often below because of traffic, feather light on the accelerator. My daily average about 34 - same slightly heavy foot reason as you and mrs sfax just as bad

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #117
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Very disappointing but still not bad for a 4x4. Does make you wonder though how they managed to return the mpg they claim even in lab conditions.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #118
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Your battery is in need of a charge!
- too much silly iPhone app usage!

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #119
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
- too much silly iPhone app usage!
I was thinking...... perhaps you could set my aircon on request as I dont have an iphone?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 04:33 AM   #120
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Sfax, neat app!

Im doing the journey home this am and will drive normally and compare figures

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #121
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

You motivated me to try the climate timers but I just keep getting data error during transmission so can't get it to trigger.

I can find the location of my car so a signal can reach it.

Shame really, it is quite useful. Will check settings in my BMW assist menu in case I need to activate it or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #122
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Carbon Black X3 35i

I have driven my x35i M-Sport (no DHP) for several weeks now. Everything about the car seems great. The suspension is soft and supple but firm when needed during driving. The only issue about the suspension setup is that bobbing when you bring the car to a stop. After the car stops, you can really feel the car bob up and down at least 3-4 times before it stabilizes itself. This is the thing I hate most about the ride so far. My dealer screwed my order up and didn't get me DHP. But I don't know how much that would help in this scenario. Maybe I'm just not used to a larger car that may exhibit this more than a sedan.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #123
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
Except that when I push the shifter to the left...I am still in normal mode or so says the iDrive settings. I need to push the DHP button up once to go into sport mode. I guess what I'd like to know is if this is the same for others. Why is it when I push my shifter left does the iDrive say I am in normal mode? What mode does your iDrive say you are in? If you could check that and let me know I would appreciate it.

kozzi

Shifter to the left just puts the transmission in M/S mode; this is independent of Electronic Damping Control (Normal/Sport/Sport+).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #124
Binas_daddy
Mid-life compromise
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i F25 N55 Z8

I have 2011 BMW X3 F25 with all options added (except Apple Apps).

1) Want to stop the engine, close windows and sunroof, and fold up mirrors when I long-depress the lock button on the key fob
2) Want to eliminate or reduce the time that the warning about improper shifting shows on the nav screen after attempting to put the car in gear without depressing the brake and side button on the shift stalk
3) Want to project RPMs on the HUD
4) Want to assign the "ventilate while parked" feature to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
5) Want to assign the "ventilate at a pre-specified time" to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
6) Want be able to fold up the side view mirrors regardless of vehicle speed
7) Want to remotely start the vehicle from the key fob
8) Want to eliminate the "accept" screen at starting the nav function
9) Want to eliminate the top speed restriction
10) Want to enable rear view camera to come one or stay on the nav screen while vehicle is traveling in forward direction regardless of speed and distance
11) Want to be able to view DVD while in motion
12) Want vehicle to remain in "sport" mode after ignition is shut off and vehicle is restarted
13) Want to install Apple Apps now
14) Want to customize (or even turn off) the efficient dynamics software. Should only activate when I depress brake and above a certain initial speed.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #125
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binas_daddy View Post
I have 2011 BMW X3 F25 with all options added (except Apple Apps).

1) Want to stop the engine, close windows and sunroof, and fold up mirrors when I long-depress the lock button on the key fob
2) Want to eliminate or reduce the time that the warning about improper shifting shows on the nav screen after attempting to put the car in gear without depressing the brake and side button on the shift stalk
3) Want to project RPMs on the HUD
4) Want to assign the "ventilate while parked" feature to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
5) Want to assign the "ventilate at a pre-specified time" to one of the eight function buttons and have it crack the sunroof open too
6) Want be able to fold up the side view mirrors regardless of vehicle speed
7) Want to remotely start the vehicle from the key fob
8) Want to eliminate the "accept" screen at starting the nav function
9) Want to eliminate the top speed restriction
10) Want to enable rear view camera to come one or stay on the nav screen while vehicle is traveling in forward direction regardless of speed and distance
11) Want to be able to view DVD while in motion
12) Want vehicle to remain in "sport" mode after ignition is shut off and vehicle is restarted
13) Want to install Apple Apps now
14) Want to customize (or even turn off) the efficient dynamics software. Should only activate when I depress brake and above a certain initial speed.
Nice list UK spec cars already do 1 (well def for sunroof and mirrors but not sure on windows). Not sure why it's not on US spec

I agree on 2. This is annoying.

I would also like 11 and 13 and you're not the first to want 12

Appreciate 0