BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Bluetooth audio is very basic - no listing of tracks etc so I've disabled it.
Wait two more days and then download iOS 5 (only iPhone 4 or 3GS). It supports track information over Bluetooth. Still no BMW Office though

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCL View Post
Bluetooth streaming audio is a standard option in Aust. I didn't pay for any audio or bluetooth options and I can stream
hi CCL,

what option did you take for your X3?
did you include the bluetooth ext. functionality? or did you include the Sat Nav Business option?
can you please let me know?
thanks and cheers,
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
CCL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppduck View Post
hi CCL,

what option did you take for your X3?
did you include the bluetooth ext. functionality? or did you include the Sat Nav Business option?
can you please let me know?
thanks and cheers,
Hey ppduck,

The additional options that I took was
  1. Metallic paint.
  2. Automatic tailgate.
  3. Panorama glass roof/Moonroof.
  4. Bi-xenon headlights & washer system.
  5. Tinting (this is given "free" from the dealer)

I doubt any of the options would affect the audio system, bluetooth, etc.. I think you will find that a lot of things come standard for the Australian version as we pay more than double the price of what it is in US
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #26
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCL View Post
Hey ppduck,

The additional options that I took was
  1. Metallic paint.
  2. Automatic tailgate.
  3. Panorama glass roof/Moonroof.
  4. Bi-xenon headlights & washer system.
  5. Tinting (this is given "free" from the dealer)

I doubt any of the options would affect the audio system, bluetooth, etc.. I think you will find that a lot of things come standard for the Australian version as we pay more than double the price of what it is in US
hi CCL,

thanks, and are you from sydney if you don't mind i asked?
i still have not get my car yet and it is due on 30 Oct 2011. and the dealer told me it is a 09/2011 built car, but they gave me a VIN no. which never match the built date.... so i am bit curious here to see which month is your car built?
btw, did you get much discount from the dealer?
my option is pretty much the same as yours except for adding the top view camera, dynamic damper control and performnace control and folding mirror.....
cheers,

ppduck
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #27
CCL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 20d

Quote:
hi CCL,

thanks, and are you from sydney if you don't mind i asked?
i still have not get my car yet and it is due on 30 Oct 2011. and the dealer told me it is a 09/2011 built car, but they gave me a VIN no. which never match the built date.... so i am bit curious here to see which month is your car built?
btw, did you get much discount from the dealer?
my option is pretty much the same as yours except for adding the top view camera, dynamic damper control and performnace control and folding mirror.....
cheers,

ppduck
No probs.

I am from Perth. I ordered mine in May and the car was built in July. It arrived in Perth early Sept.

I actually did not manage to get much discount at all because there was only 1 dealer in WA which makes it hard to negotiate. It would also feel weird to jump through different sales people from the same dealership . If I remember correctly, I got between 5-6+ % discount with tinting, floor mats and full tank of fuel thrown in.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
degarfs
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Hi guys, does the business nav sat and standard sound system from the x3 2011 is sufficient for iphone? ie. music and phone calls? what other options should I consider?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by degarfs View Post
Hi guys, does the business nav sat and standard sound system from the x3 2011 is sufficient for iphone? ie. music and phone calls? what other options should I consider?
to me, it is more than enough as i used to link my iphone and streaming the music to the audio system in the x3.. sounds quite alright....
if you want the nav. pack, i think you should opt for the headup display as well.... good feature....
cheers....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #30
degarfs
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
to me, it is more than enough as i used to link my iphone and streaming the music to the audio system in the x3.. sounds quite alright....
if you want the nav. pack, i think you should opt for the headup display as well.... good feature....
cheers....
hey ppduck, I am happy with what I have got but just wondering if it can link to iphone and streaming the music system in the x3? how do you do that? using the Y cable/bluetooth? thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #31
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by degarfs View Post
hey ppduck, I am happy with what I have got but just wondering if it can link to iphone and streaming the music system in the x3? how do you do that? using the Y cable/bluetooth? thanks
hi Degarfs,

you should be able to choose at the iDrive on the display.

just pick the
For pairing it,
1. Extended bluetooth / audio --> add device --> then pair.. make sure you have turn on bluetooth on both devices and not to hide the device.....
For listen the bluetooth streaming,
2. CD/multimedia --> Choose Audio --> Pick the one you have paired.

btw, i got the why cable as well as it was given as a gift from the dealer.... as to compensate some of the issues of the car when i picked up from the dealership... but now all have been fixed....
cheers...
Appreciate 0