BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
bluedevils
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 35i

NYC defensive driving. Don't drive in NYC. I never had so many bumps and scratches until I moved here.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
The sad fact is no matter how much we practice defensive parking, there are billions of bad and careless parkers out ther indicriminately opening their doors and driving their cars into ours.

I sold a Toyota the other day, and in between agreeing on a sale and getting it road worthied on the Friday morning, and cleaned on the Saturday morning, two separate peopel put car park damage on the car. ARGH! last thing I wanted was to have to get ti fixed before it was collected on the Monday!
Mad scramble to buff out the scratch down the side and clean up the scuff and indentation ont he rear bumper from a tow ball / bull bar.

BEWARE.
They are out there and in their billions!

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
bluedevils
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 XDrive 35i

To the OP. I had the same fears when I bought my audi, but the fears went away. I have bought all my vehicles by factoring what are my needs and wants. I couldn't care less about the brand's image and it was easy to forget what other people thought. I just enjoy the vehicle.

PS IMO indications a person bought the vehicle for image sake. The vehicle has very few if any options or someone who is obviously not a sporty driver driving an M.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
ppb
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

I've never driven luxury cars either and don't know too many people that do, so I did have this running through the back of my mind. It's funny how people think just by mentioning BMW name. My co-worker bought Durango which actually ended up costing more than our X3 however people I work with always comment with emphasis on BMW and how expensive it is even though in this case it's totally opposite.
I think people are conditioned to think that BMW, Audi, Lexus, Benz, etc cost an arm & a leg and even though you like one and can afford one you really shouldn't because they're just too expensive and waist of your hard earned money.
A number of people have said you only live once and I agree. I've started to think along the lines...one day when I'm close to my expiry date I don't want to look back and say "I wonder what it's like owning a BMW"...it's too late then.
I love ours even more now that I've driven it through snow...I reall wanted to experience x-drive but no luck yet.
Appreciate 0