BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #111
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

Is it possible to keep sports mode as a default when you turn the car on? At the moment it always defaults back to Normal when turning the car on.
Also found there IS a way to get Internet working via bluetooth in Australia. But for now its only for iPhone 4. Will test more and find out. you need to enable Personal Hotspots and send data via Bluetooth only.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #112
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Wow there is a lot more activity in the Aussie section since last time I checked in here.

I'm hoping to join you all soon. I have spec'd out an X3 30d (practically fully loaded) but I'm holding out for a 35d as I keep reading rumours from time to time that it's around the corner. I would like the car now but can wait until the new year if needed. I plan to keep the X3 for a while and ultimately the 35d is the model I'm after.

What's everyones take on the X3 so far? Are there any issues? I think it looks much nicer than the previous generation. I've driven the 20d and it's got a fair bit of torque for a 2L!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #113
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
We picked up the car at 5 pm local time and as we drove off it bucketed down. Couldn't be more happier with the colour combo - vermillion red with oyster. Impressed with the finish. You can also set how high you want the tailgate to open thru idrive - very impressive. Professional sound system with the digital amp is awesome. Need to set up the amp now. The multimedia features in my '07 M3 pale in comparison. Will try and post some pics today. The waether is clearing.

Sunday is German Car Day in WA and join us at Midland Gate shopping centre car park at 8.00 am for the drive to Northam or join us in Northam. If the weather stays clear it will be a great run.
      07-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #114
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
We picked up the car at 5 pm local time and as we drove off it bucketed down. Couldn't be more happier with the colour combo - vermillion red with oyster. Impressed with the finish. You can also set how high you want the tailgate to open thru idrive - very impressive. Professional sound system with the digital amp is awesome. Need to set up the amp now. The multimedia features in my '07 M3 pale in comparison. Will try and post some pics today. The waether is clearing.

Sunday is German Car Day in WA and join us at Midland Gate shopping centre car park at 8.00 am for the drive to Northam or join us in Northam. If the weather stays clear it will be a great run.
Congrats! It shouldn't matter what the weather is like in the X3 though Have fun
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #115
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Awesome car. Stop/start takes time getting use to. Basically the engine completely shuts down and powers up as you take your foot off the brake. I think it works on the amount of pressure applied to the brakes. Soft braking nothing happens and when you brake hard and stop it activates. I am sure we can do our little bit to save the environment
      07-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #116
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
In fact our's is the first X3 3.0d delivered in WA. Awesome feeling. Enough now. Better go and drive it and enjoy it.
      07-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #117
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Awesome car. Stop/start takes time getting use to. Basically the engine completely shuts down and powers up as you take your foot off the brake. I think it works on the amount of pressure applied to the brakes. Soft braking nothing happens and when you brake hard and stop it activates. I am sure we can do our little bit to save the environment
My SA and I couldn't get it to work on our test drive but maybe we weren't pressing the brake hard enough. If it saves the environment and saves me money I'm all for it too
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #118
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Aussie M3....
I must have just missed you as I picked up my white 30D yesterday too. Arrived just on 5pm
The toy's in this new X3 are heaps better than the older system in my 07 e92 M3...
Love the HUD.
Will try to make it to the Northam run too
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #119
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Fortunately for me all the tech are familiar to me from our 2010 X5M and M3 so i dont have to go through it all again. The start stop is activated not by how hard your foot is on the brakes, more that you don't ease of the brakes at all. Even a tiny reduction in the brake pedal pressure will automatically deactivate it or not activate it at all.

Anyway, we did 100km yesterday and going for another 150km drive today. Loving it so far with the exception of the rattle on the sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #120
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

TV reception is AWESOME from the new X3. When compared to my 07 M3.
You get full signal for all SD and HD Digital Channels, even in they city.
Best TV reception from all the cars I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #121
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Fortunately for me all the tech are familiar to me from our 2010 X5M and M3 so i dont have to go through it all again. The start stop is activated not by how hard your foot is on the brakes, more that you don't ease of the brakes at all. Even a tiny reduction in the brake pedal pressure will automatically deactivate it or not activate it at all.

Anyway, we did 100km yesterday and going for another 150km drive today. Loving it so far with the exception of the rattle on the sunroof.
Not true for mine. With auto hold switched off, a hard push on the brake engages stop start whereas softly touching brake doesn't. With auto hold on, it engages every time you stop, providing the battery is charged (this is annoying in traffic)

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #122
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roders View Post
That's great news. I can't wait to test it out!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #123
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Woah a few familiar faces here. Took my wife to the dealership today to speak to my SA herself as she keep changing her mind - final decision (thank god!); she has decided on a X3. No 3.0d for me , but I reasoned that I will be driving my 1M most of the time and 2.0d is plenty for her. Managed to squeeze in the performance package though , and may add a few things that she can't see like the edc.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #124
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Finally picked up my 30D Msport too from Perth today.
Loving it so far....HUD is awesome along with Sports mode.
Not sure if its just be but even with 19" Rims the wheels seem a bit small, and the front looks a bit too flat??
Also looks like the Internet option was a waste of time as it comes up this feature is not for Australia
So its not just me then? About to send dealer angry email about option that doesnt even work!

Meanwhile quite impressed with the 30d in the x3.

Annoyed it wont take album artwork from my iphone 4, from either USB or BT

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #125
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I didnt even notice TV as an option???

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #126
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

tv is an option. My internet works fine in my 1M though - not much you can do with it though as all you can do is browse. After reading everyone's post here I think I am going to change it to a 3.0d.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #127
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Haha Sparoz, I just came on here to ask if you are sure you don't want to get a 30d instead given that the price diff is probably no more than $10k if you chose some of the options that 30d already come standard with. As you can see, a few of us that you know have all gone for 30d. Should tell you something! My friend who was one of the first to receive a 30d here (the silver M sport posted a couple of pages back) started with a budget for a 20d but ended up with a 30d. Ask him if he regrets it!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #128
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
I didnt even notice TV as an option???
Ryan, TV is an option (very expensive one) and doesn't work well near us and inner city Melb. Not sure why. None of my BMW and non-BMW have had good TV reception.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #129
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Haha Sparoz, I just came on here to ask if you are sure you don't want to get a 30d instead given that the price diff is probably no more than $10k if you chose some of the options that 30d already come standard with. As you can see, a few of us that you know have all gone for 30d. Should tell you something! My friend who was one of the first to receive a 30d here (the silver M sport posted a couple of pages back) started with a budget for a 20d but ended up with a 30d. Ask him if he regrets it!
lol, just done some worksheet with the sums - only about 9k difference for the options my wife wants. She only spends on needs (unless it is expensive handbags), so it will be hard to convince her. I reckon I should just debadge and call it a day .
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #130
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Ryan, TV is an option (very expensive one) and doesn't work well near us and inner city Melb. Not sure why. None of my BMW and non-BMW have had good TV reception.
Bugger that then. So you've finally picked yours up now too?

The 30d with the 8 speed is a fantastic combo in this car. Very smooth and sedate around town, but gives great acceleration when the foot hits the firewall. Scared a little lotus with how much it hauls down the penninsula yesterday

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #131
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
lol, just done some worksheet with the sums - only about 9k difference for the options my wife wants. She only spends on needs (unless it is expensive handbags), so it will be hard to convince her. I reckon I should just debadge and call it a day .
My wife wanted the 20d, I wanted the 30d. Some creative maths on my behalf to show her how good the value was with options and a drive of the 30d in the x5 guise led to both of us wanting a 30d.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #132
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Finally some pics. Vermillion Red with Oyster interior with the folloiwng options:
  • Performance Control
  • Hi-fi Professional
  • Professional Navigation
  • Extended connectivity - bluetooth
  • Bi-xenon with washer
  • 18" y-spoke 308
  • Dynamic Damper Control
  • Top view with fold in mirrors and anti-dazzle
Attached Images