BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Belated Welcome

I know I have been posting a bit here for the past couple of weeks, but I wanted to formally say hello.

I have bought my first BMW (or actually first nice car of any time). My previous car was a Honda CRV I kept for 10 years. Fabulous car, but I wanted something different.

After driving everything from the Kia and the Hyundai to the Lexus and Mercedes, I settled on the X3. I thought it was the most fun to drive.
2 weeks ago I pulled the trigger.
I ended up getting:
2011 BMW X3 35i
Carbon Black Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
M Sport package
Premium Package
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
Technology Package
Premium Sound

I had only planned/budgeted for a 28i and would have never spent money on the M sport package if I had oredered it. The reason I got what I did was because this dealer (I had to drive a ways for it) had this one sitting on his lot and gave me a FABULOUS deal on it. I got it for a couple thousand less than the MSRP on a similarly built 28i. I could not refuse it.
That being said, there were advantages: I got a great deal, I didn't have to wait to order, as I had already sold my old car (The CRV sold a lot quicker than I thought).
Also, Now that I have it, I love the M Sport package. I think it looks so much nicer, than the standard trim and I Love the Carbon Black. I don't like the fact that I feel like a poser since the M package is just cosmetic and doesn't really add anything to the performance or engine, but I do really like the looks.
I'm bummed I couldn't do performance delivery since I am originally from SC, but I guess that's the price I pay for picking one up off the lot. But I was bummed about it as it looked like it would be fun.

I am glad I got the 35i. It is a different car than the 28i. I love driving it. It goes without saying that it is light years ahead of what I was driving. I enjoy driving now, something I could never say previously.

The help I got on this forum prior to and after my purchase has been immense. I can't think everyone here enough for all the help. The only way I can think to show my appreciation is to become an active participant, which is what I plan on doing.

Thanks again, I just want to officially say hello and rell everyone how much I love this car.

I have attached the obligatory pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Love the last pic. Man, those are sticky tires!
It really is the ultimate driving machine. The laws of gravity do not apply to it. If only the same could be said for the speeding laws.
Appreciate 0