BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #23
sgrant3
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Second Gen

More than understand your anger.

I ordered my x3 on the 23rd December in the uk and was told I would have to wait till April. Now been told looks like June/July. Now I would be angry at this but since my dealership agreed to provide me with a car from the 28/02/11 till the my x3 arrives I am happy with the service. Only having to pay for the mileage I put on the car and now running around in a 320d and waiting for a 1 series for the next few months. So happy to wait it out and save some pennies in the process. But a year!!! Don't think I would wait that long for any car.

btw never managed to get any discount appart from 0.5 off the APR!

Can't wait for June/July and still not seen any new x3's on the road in Edinburgh yet

Steve
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Demand will taper off in the next few months.
Not in the UK. When I mention the "new X3" nobody knows what I'm talking about. I've never really been a BMW fan but when I saw the new X3 and what's wrapped up in the package I was gob-smacked and there really is nothing to compete. As cars start to hit the road in the UK I predict that demand will soar.

There'll be loads of people out there who liked the X5 but didn't like the initial cost or its gas-guzzler credentials. The X3 addresses those issues and for many will be phenomenally appealling.

Mine's going to be a company car and the price I pay is partially based on the resale value at the end of the 3 year term. The cost to me has dropped dramatically since I first started looking so my fleet operator clearly thinks both demand and resale values will be high.
      03-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #25
ScotX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrant3 View Post
More than understand your anger.

I ordered my x3 on the 23rd December in the uk and was told I would have to wait till April. Now been told looks like June/July. Now I would be angry at this but since my dealership agreed to provide me with a car from the 28/02/11 till the my x3 arrives I am happy with the service. Only having to pay for the mileage I put on the car and now running around in a 320d and waiting for a 1 series for the next few months. So happy to wait it out and save some pennies in the process. But a year!!! Don't think I would wait that long for any car.

btw never managed to get any discount appart from 0.5 off the APR!

Can't wait for June/July and still not seen any new x3's on the road in Edinburgh yet

Steve
I'm meant to be driving to Edinburgh next weekend. Maybe I should take the train
Appreciate 0