BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-29-2024, 10:03 PM   #1
Zpieler
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Question DRL Headlight problem (adaptive + non adaptive mix)

Hello,

I had to replace the left HL on my 2016 35i X3 due a little accident. The right HL is adaptive but the left one isn't (new one). Angel eyes (DRL) are not working on the left one, they only work on the right (adaptive). Obviously I got the AHL error code on the dash.

I want to enable DRL and do not care about the adaptive function (it would be nice if I can clear the code tho). I have both modules adaptive and non adaptive. The other day I disconnected the left headlight and switched modules. After that I turned the headlights on and BOTH DRL were working for a few minutes. After playing with the lights knob left DRL stopped working again.

A friend of mine tried programming on tool32 and another program and had no luck. I just downloaded ISTA +, however, I am waiting for the ENET cable to arrive.

Any insight in how I might make the angels eyes work and eliminate the adaptive error code? Is it possible through ISTA?

Thanks in advance.

*This will be my first time coding/programming or whatever comes. I am sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge lol*
Appreciate 0