BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
floralscent
Rep
Drives: silver x3

New battery tips?

Any tips for when purchasing a new battery for my 2007 X3? It is very cold where I live and the x3 is not liking it. She is garage kept but I don't drive her more than 5 miles round trip to work daily. I guess the battery doesn't have time to really recharge itself. She was dead as a doornail the other morning and had to be jumped. I think it's time for a new battery.

Is the battery fairly easy to install? Does changing the battery affect the computer and cause other issues?

Thank you-
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
rs6655
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

It's easy...... Just replace the battery and then ri-initialize the windows (the procedure is in your owners manual). Then re-initialize the sunroof by holding up on the sunroof vent button until the roof cycles through all setting and back to shade closed position. Don't release the button until it has completed the entire cycle or you will have to start again.

You will get a dashboard full of warning lights that will extinguish one by one on a short drive.

Don't forget that you cannot open the back hatch from the outside without a battery so keep it open (if you can) while the battery is disconnected. If this is not possible familiarize yourself with the manual opening lever (this is also in your owners manual). Feel free to PM me if you need any help.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
urquattro83
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3 3.0si M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs6655 View Post
It's easy...... Just replace the battery and then ri-initialize the windows (the procedure is in your owners manual). Then re-initialize the sunroof by holding up on the sunroof vent button until the roof cycles through all setting and back to shade closed position. Don't release the button until it has completed the entire cycle or you will have to start again.
What size, or Group, is the E83 battery?
Appreciate 0