BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
sbavington
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5

Question I think I bricked it! Please Help

Thanks in advance for any help. The problem posted befor was indeed a bad steering angle sensor.

Now I'm really stuck. I used PASoft 1.3 to try to code an new LCM. Whil trying to write the new VIN and Mileage it failed and the headlights started flashing.

Afdter an hour with the battery disconnected the flashing has stopped and the car seems to be working ok except the 4X4, Brake Yellow and Aribag lights are on and the scan tool can no longer communicate with the car.

2008 X3 E83 3.0si.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #2
Clean001
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW e83

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing with your vehicle. It seems like there might be some issues related to coding and communication with the car's systems. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot the problem:

Double-check the coding process: Ensure that you followed the correct steps and coding parameters when using PASoft 1.3. It's possible that an incorrect coding value or procedure caused the issue.

Check the battery and connections: Make sure the battery is fully charged and in good condition. Check all the connections, especially those related to the LCM (Light Control Module) and other relevant modules. Loose or faulty connections can disrupt communication and trigger warning lights.

Perform a hard reset: Disconnect the battery again and leave it disconnected for an extended period, such as overnight. This can help reset the car's systems and may resolve any temporary glitches.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue with your 2008 X3 E83 3.0si. Good luck, and I hope you get your vehicle back to normal soon!
Appreciate 0