BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Congrats. Post photos when you get it
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #24
alexg62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM328xi View Post
Thanks for the input. Made the purchase today! Wife's X3 is on the way!

I have invoice (wholesale) pricing on many options if anyone is interested from the VIR. PM me and I can help.
I'm newbie here. Also in PA area. Went shopping today for similar model

Titanium Siliver/Black Nevada Leather/Wave Wood/Auto/ZCW/ZMP/ZPP/ZTP/ZDH/ZDA

Best offer $55,200 which is approx 5.3% off MSRP. I'm guessing that invoice is $53,750. That would make it $1500 over invoice. BSM328xi, how far outside of Philly area did you have to go to find your deal?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #25
BSM328xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E70 & 2013 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg62 View Post
I'm newbie here. Also in PA area. Went shopping today for similar model

Titanium Siliver/Black Nevada Leather/Wave Wood/Auto/ZCW/ZMP/ZPP/ZTP/ZDH/ZDA

Best offer $55,200 which is approx 5.3% off MSRP. I'm guessing that invoice is $53,750. That would make it $1500 over invoice. BSM328xi, how far outside of Philly area did you have to go to find your deal?
PM me.

Sold: 2011 328xi; 2013 X3 35i; 2013 X5 50i
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
X3ff
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW yet

Invoice Pricing Available at Car Solutions

carsolutions.com lists the invoice and MSRP for the 2013 X3s.

All the data is there but the 35i configurator is tricky and I found that I had to blank all the 'appearance' (color) selections, select my desired options and packages, and then reselect my color choices to make it work.

The 28i configuration just does not seem to work.

All the pricing, both invoice and MSRP, is shown however.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #27
BSM328xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3ff View Post
carsolutions.com lists the invoice and MSRP for the 2013 X3s.

All the data is there but the 35i configurator is tricky and I found that I had to blank all the 'appearance' (color) selections, select my desired options and packages, and then reselect my color choices to make it work.

The 28i configuration just does not seem to work.

All the pricing, both invoice and MSRP, is shown however.
This site is exactly correct. Great find for all consumers, X3ff!

To be fair to dealers, they will use the "wholesale price," which is shown on car solutions and add PDI, state inspection, detail, etc. to get the real invoice. The difference between car solutions and my invoice is $108.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
X3ff
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM328xi View Post
To be fair to dealers, they will use the "wholesale price," which is shown on car solutions and add PDI, state inspection, detail, etc. to get the real invoice. The difference between car solutions and my invoice is $108.
Before I start this long post let me say congratulations on your purchase. I am jealous of the deal that you were able to make. I can not come close to numbers like that here at the two dealerships closest to my home.

Yes there are other real costs that some people include in their definition of Invoice Price. PDI and Detailing however should not be as BMW reimburses dealers for these tasks (that does not keep many dealers from charging their customers for them however). Most folks that I have dealt with have included only costs that show up on the invoice from the factory in the 'Invoice Cost'. All of the manufacturers that I have dealt with include a clearly labled 'Invoice' cost on the factory paperwork. I have never seen BMW factory paperwork however to verify they do it the same way.

Of course this is not what the dealer actually pays the factory since they get the dealer hold back, miscelaneous published and unpublished incentives, and a credit for the PDI and detailing. Dealers often have to pay a Regional Advertising Fee which I have never seen reflected in an Invoice Price. These fees pay for advertisements that benefit all the BMW dealers in a given region. In my neck of the woods that costs the dealers about $500 per vehicle.

Last edited by X3ff; 03-27-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
BSM328xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3ff View Post
Before I start this long post let me say congratulations on your purchase. I am jealous of the deal that you were able to make. I can not come close to numbers like that here at the two dealerships closest to my home.

Yes there are other real costs that some people include in their definition of Invoice Price. PDI and Detailing however should not be as BMW reimburses dealers for these tasks (that does not keep many dealers from charging their customers for them however). Most folks that I have dealt with have included only costs that show up on the invoice from the factory in the 'Invoice Cost'. All of the manufacturers that I have dealt with include a clearly labled 'Invoice' cost on the factory paperwork. I have never seen BMW factory paperwork however to verify they do it the same way.

Of course this is not what the dealer actually pays the factory since they get the dealer hold back, miscelaneous published and unpublished incentives, and a credit for the PDI and detailing. Dealers often have to pay a Regional Advertising Fee which I have never seen reflected in an Invoice Price. These fees pay for advertisements that benefit all the BMW dealers in a given region. In my neck of the woods that costs the dealers about $500 per vehicle.
Not so sure they are reimbursed for PDI. Also, MACO/advertising fee is not in every market. BMW has a wholesale sheet that includes everything except dealer performed services.

Appreciate 0