BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Mine won't display a list on the instrument panel, just the song that is currently playing shows up! Maybe I need to change something in the Idrive set up. I'll give it another go.
Perhaps try pushing "mode" on the steering wheel. I believe you can also use that button to switch from ipod to radio and some other functions.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #24
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
Perhaps try pushing "mode" on the steering wheel. I believe you can also use that button to switch from ipod to radio and some other functions.
Yea, I already tried mode and it just switches from the ipod to the radio, etc. The radio stations are all listed on the dash to scroll through, but not the songs. Only the current only playing. Must be something I have to change in the set up.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #25
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Will the amount of info displayed not depend on the instrument panel you have? (difference between pro nav and others.)
We only have one Nav in the states and I have the entire tech package so that's not it.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
Sometimes BMW does stuff a bit differently than other cars. The double pull door open when locked is another BMW trademark. You’ll get used to it. If the car annoys you, just take it on some twisties and the smile will return.
+1
      05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #27
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownX View Post
So you're saying button #6 is also the pause button? In my mind all your doing is turning the radio/cd unit off.

I'm having the same issue with Pandora via BMW Apps. There is no way to pause the music. Either turn off the radio/cd unit with button #6 or close the app.

Every time I attached my iPhone 4 to my X3 via the USB port my stored music on my phone immediately starts playing. Anyone else experiencing this? If so, did you find away to turn off this function?
Accomplishes the same thing. If you think about it this way, a paused (and therefore silenced) track is the same as an "off" track with position held, and it's the same as a muted track except that it's also paused.
      05-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #28
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mine won't display a list on the instrument panel, just the song that is currently playing shows up! Maybe I need to change something in the Idrive set up. I'll give it another go.

Haven't quite figured that one out, but mine does it too. I think it's when I've just started up, or just switched to that source (and it's in Random, I think/think). After a time the list returns. I have to check if it's after some thinkin' time, after the display is switched and switched back, or after it gets to the next track when staying in the same mode.
      05-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #29
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Hmmm.... might be the data source too. iPod? You should be able to see about four songs at a time in the playlist, and scroll through them.

But don't worry, between the older iDrive and the newer, I still have a lot of new things to learn. It's part of the fun.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0