BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Callaway
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M-sport 2012

Weird electric fault?

First post here and i´m from Sweden so bare with me if you sometimes don't understand my writing....

BMW X3 F25 2.0D -12
Have had some warning lights (4x4, ABS, traction etc) on and off last couple of weeks. Contacted my local meachanics which said it probably was a faulty sensor after checking the OBD codes.

Changed sensor (front left,) but no luck. After some digging they found out that the washer fluid hose somehow had damaged the electric wiring so that washer fluid leaked into the abs wiring and made the system go nuts...

Anyone heard/experienced anything like this?

Furthermore the insurance company (extended warranty) wasn`t clear if wiring is included in the premium selection warranty I have if there isn't any obvious component fault. Should this really happen with a 3 year old car with only 5900 km on the meter? Could there be some fault that makes this happen?

Any input would be appreciated when I will continue discussions with the insurance company and I´m uncertain what I could claim....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
Callaway
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M-sport 2012

Bumping....

Update:
Got the car today and an estimated cost about £3000!!
the bill is sent to the insurance company for "review".

Awaiting answer from them.
Recovering from the chock I´m now thinking of how I should state my case against the insurance guys? Better plan for the worse case....

The wiring is damaged due to washer fluid that somehow penetraded the cables since they run through the same wiring "chanel" under the car. They could´t chafed against each other since they are firmly taped to each other. So the fluid must have came down from the sprayer area. The tank is intact.

Please, any input would be great!
Appreciate 0