BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
NYCX3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i

Problem/s with your New BMW? You're on your own!

BMW has been plagued with problems more and more lately. Recently, a major trucking company connecting the BMW supply chain within the USA has gone out of business (as per BMW service department manager), and after speaking with German Headquarters, seems like their new supply chain computer program is also down indefinitely.

I have a known defect in my new vehicle which has not been fixed for over 1 month. This defect is affecting the safety of driving the vehicle and BMW doesn't care, at least not in North American Headquarters (how can they care about a company that is not in their heritage?)

Anyway, for all of you who are disappointed with your expensive investment...

After much searching and calling around, I finally got the # to BMW Germany Headquarters, I recommend whoever is having a problem solving their issue in USA, to try Germany, although they may just refer you to the email I provided in #2 below:

1. tel: 011 +49 89-1250-16000

2. email: customer.service@bmw.com (this is the international customer relations email, for all countries... and should be used when US Customer Relations fail, as they often do).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
you have a lemon, why not get new x3,

i had minor issues with my x3 like sunroof noise, trim piece rattles which are minor.
lately i hear the volume on the radio get lower randomly, sometimes volume gets higher randomly. You can tell when volume changes as if it was being done manually lol. These issues arent safety factor.

where do you take your car for services n repairs. i hope its not hassel
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Yep, it was a widely reported issue with BMW's newly installed software in Germany that screwed up their inventory systems so spare parts could not be shipped from their German central warehouse to worldwide. SAP strikes again.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...are-parts.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX3 View Post
BMW has been plagued with problems more and more lately. Recently, a major trucking company connecting the BMW supply chain within the USA has gone out of business (as per BMW service department manager), and after speaking with German Headquarters, seems like their new supply chain computer program is also down indefinitely.

I have a known defect in my new vehicle which has not been fixed for over 1 month. This defect is affecting the safety of driving the vehicle and BMW doesn't care, at least not in North American Headquarters (how can they care about a company that is not in their heritage?)

Anyway, for all of you who are disappointed with your expensive investment...

After much searching and calling around, I finally got the # to BMW Germany Headquarters, I recommend whoever is having a problem solving their issue in USA, to try Germany, although they may just refer you to the email I provided in #2 below:

1. tel: 011 +49 89-1250-16000

2. email: customer.service@bmw.com (this is the international customer relations email, for all countries... and should be used when US Customer Relations fail, as they often do).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
AFAIK.. the issues with the supply chain system were fixed, there was a serious backlog, and they tripled the staff to catch up. I think they are almost caught up.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
pingo99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
you have a lemon, why not get new x3,

i had minor issues with my x3 like sunroof noise, trim piece rattles which are minor.
lately i hear the volume on the radio get lower randomly, sometimes volume gets higher randomly. You can tell when volume changes as if it was being done manually lol. These issues arent safety factor.

where do you take your car for services n repairs. i hope its not hassel
well, I have the hifi speaker system with dsp in my x3 and the volumen goes up when I accelerate and goes down when I stop to compensate the noise. That's a feature of the radio. Isn't that what you are experiencing?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingo99 View Post
well, I have the hifi speaker system with dsp in my x3 and the volumen goes up when I accelerate and goes down when I stop to compensate the noise. That's a feature of the radio. Isn't that what you are experiencing?
The amount of speed related volume compensation is also adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
NYCX3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i

Anyone else annoyed by the dash display phone list being just recent calls, and not the phone book? And also, the volume button being placed on right instead of left on the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
MrFargo13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M-Sport/2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCX3
Anyone else annoyed by the dash display phone list being just recent calls, and not the phone book? And also, the volume button being placed on right instead of left on the steering wheel?
The volume button location drives me crazy! My wife's E90 is on the left, the X3 on the right. I drive both cars a lot and I get so irritated because I have to think about it every time I want to adjust it. I also don't like the cruise being on the steering wheel. I prefer it on the lever below the turn signal.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Personally, I find BMW's service department up to par with the other two luxury German brands. The only brand that had better customer service was Lexus, but that wasn't enough to steer me to buy another Lexus.
Appreciate 0