BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
fkiani
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014 xDrive 50i

USB and Aux Ports not working.

Hi...I have recently bought a 2014 F25 and noticed that the usb and aux ports in the centre armrest console don't work. I have had this ports checked out by two different mechanics and both suggest that the cable to the unit is ok and power is reaching the ports. They suggest it might be a 'coding' issue? Would appreciate if anyone can help point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 11:59 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

I have problems with USB constantly dropping/reconnecting, haven't been able to figure it out no fuse issues so I've just given up on it. Bluetooth works fine for me it's more reliable than the 2016's Bluetooth we have. The AUX though not working... makes me think there actually may be a coding issue. There's coding that can be done for aftermarket CarPlay units that mess with how the ports work. If someone ripped it out before they sold it and were savvy enough with coding that /could/ be a problem. I can only imagine the confusion I would give the next owner of my car if i didn't revert all the coding I've done to it. Could be a long shot but if you check your coding set the OPPOSITE of this in your HU_NBT:
CDMM_AUX_HU to active
CDMM_USB_AUDIO_SINGLE to not active
CDMM_USB_AUDIO_DOUBLE to not active
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 04:54 PM   #3
fkiani
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayzac View Post
I have problems with USB constantly dropping/reconnecting, haven't been able to figure it out no fuse issues so I've just given up on it. Bluetooth works fine for me it's more reliable than the 2016's Bluetooth we have. The AUX though not working... makes me think there actually may be a coding issue. There's coding that can be done for aftermarket CarPlay units that mess with how the ports work. If someone ripped it out before they sold it and were savvy enough with coding that /could/ be a problem. I can only imagine the confusion I would give the next owner of my car if i didn't revert all the coding I've done to it. Could be a long shot but if you check your coding set the OPPOSITE of this in your HU_NBT:
CDMM_AUX_HU to active
Quote:
Originally Posted by okayzac View Post
CDMM_AUX_HU to active
Bluetooth works fine for me too...I'll see if I can give the coding a go as you've suggested. Thanks for your steer!
Appreciate 0