BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-04-2015, 04:57 AM   #23
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X4 30d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
Mine opened this week while stationary in traffic, not sure if key in pocket pressed it or not, pretty embarrassing. What's your dealer saying? Is there a software update?
Nothing yet. Still trying to replicate.
The DSC issues will be fixed next week together with a re-programming of the car. We'll see what happens...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #24
sf2360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G06-2021,718 GTS 4.0, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2360 View Post
i lost idrive connectivity. screen went dark with no signal display. Just took it in for service.
Dealer swapped out unit today. Going to pick it up later.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #25
VinX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

Quote:
Dealer swapped out unit today. Going to pick it up later.
Which dealer did you go to? Let us know the quality of their work.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #26
sf2360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G06-2021,718 GTS 4.0, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinX3 View Post
Which dealer did you go to? Let us know the quality of their work.
Competition BMW in Smithtown. Great service, excellent quality of work.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #27
VinX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

Quote:
Competition BMW in Smithtown. Great service, excellent quality of work.
I wish they're a little closer to me. My local dealer Life Quality sucks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #28
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

I've had some problems with the "clock and weather"-widget in the control display in split screen mode. It shows "No data available" or " cannot connect" most of the time so I called BMW yesterday to find out what was going on. They said that there are some issues with the central system in Germany and that the tecchies there were working on it. This morning something had changed telling me that they really are working on it, now the widget area shows a analog clock regardless if I select "digital clock and weather", "weather" or just "clock". BTW I've never seen this analog clock before... looks really nice. Anyone else experiencing this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 01:25 AM   #29
coolesnce
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 3.0 M-line Maxed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandic24 View Post
I've had some problems with the "clock and weather"-widget in the control display in split screen mode. It shows "No data available" or " cannot connect" most of the time so I called BMW yesterday to find out what was going on. They said that there are some issues with the central system in Germany and that the tecchies there were working on it. This morning something had changed telling me that they really are working on it, now the widget area shows a analog clock regardless if I select "digital clock and weather", "weather" or just "clock". BTW I've never seen this analog clock before... looks really nice. Anyone else experiencing this?
Checked mine and i have the analog clock but no weather now
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 03:03 PM   #30
Sarsippius3rd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X4 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandic24 View Post
I too have an anolog clock and no weather. There is also a link to the online store app store, but it does not work yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #31
oeli
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4

I'm going crazy trying to add addresses to the address book. It seems like most of the save actions don't actually save anything. How do I add an address to the navigation for later use?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 01:56 AM   #32
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeli View Post
I'm going crazy trying to add addresses to the address book. It seems like most of the save actions don't actually save anything. How do I add an address to the navigation for later use?
Look up the destination address in the "My Info" section on the BMW Connected Drive webpage and send it to the car. They will be received and saved as messages in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:02 AM   #33
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Yep, no weather neither, only the clock.

On addresses in the address book:
1 I use an iPhone so no need to add addresses, just pick them up from the phone, you can then add them to the local address book if needed.
2 for the sake of the exercise I imported my contacts via the connected drive web site and have them also available that way.
3 via send by car, but then you need to do address by address....
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #34
Big geordie
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x4 2.0 d m sport

Alloy wheels

Hi all.

Anybody out there with same problem i have with alloys. Centre of wheels are pitted around centre of plastic wheel boss. dealer has ordered new alloys no probs there but have been waiting eight weeks to date. apparentley there is £4 million pounds worth of faulty alloys on order as replacements.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:28 AM   #35
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Clock and Weather widget came back yesterday...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 04:10 AM   #36
stewartg74
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F26 X4 XLine

2015 BMW X4 XLine

Issues I have found so far with 1000 miles on the Clock
  • Dash rattle, when car is static, more so when clutch pedal is pressed down...
  • When the car is wet, if you open the rear up, rear passengers will get wet, as water holds at the top and drops down - In the UK, means a lot of rain, a lot of wet passengers in the rear…
  • Door trim on exterior is loose...

But overall, I was not so keen on the M Sport bumpers, so chose the XLine instead, and being one of at most 5 in the UK - feeling exclusive
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #37
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

Quote:
i lost idrive connectivity. screen went dark with no signal display. Just took it in for service.
This happened to me today. I opened the hatch and the windows to air the car out as it was a bit warm outside. Got in the car and before even starting the engine I noticed it said "No signal". Stayed that way the whole drive home, but my music was working fine and I could control it through the HUD.

After getting home I locked the door and waited for the screen to shut off. After it did that it came back on and has been fine since.

Hopefully its just a fluke, but this doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 02:54 AM   #38
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobx View Post
This happened to me today. I opened the hatch and the windows to air the car out as it was a bit warm outside. Got in the car and before even starting the engine I noticed it said "No signal". Stayed that way the whole drive home, but my music was working fine and I could control it through the HUD.

After getting home I locked the door and waited for the screen to shut off. After it did that it came back on and has been fine since.

Hopefully its just a fluke, but this doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
So was it a fluke?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #39
djrobx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 m40i Flamenco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
So was it a fluke?
"No signal" not happened again since. *Knock on wood*

I do have one other issue though, my X4 is sometimes oozing a substance out of the front kidney grille. It looks kind of like engine oil but I knew there was no way engine oil could get there without splattering on the hood. It's really hard to get off the paint. Googling about it, it seems to be a substance called "cosmoline" which is used to protect the chassis against rust. Ugh.

Things are otherwise pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 07:06 AM   #40
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

The no signal error seems to happen on most BMW's, our last 2 1series had it happen but no fault ever found.

It maybe happened 3 times in 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 06:39 AM   #41
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

After 40'000 km driven, some bugs appeared after the 1st maintenance:
- Advanced info display under the clusters was OFF during a trip. I stopped the car, turned the engine off, exited the car, and closed it with my key. Jumped back Inside, started the engine again. It did not helped. Drove to the next BMW dealer on my way home. They could not find anything, neither by reading the key log. Left the Dealer, and the display was back again.
- Rear camera turned off itself while driving backwards once. Pushed the button to turn it off, then again pressed it to turn it on again, and it was solved.
- lately I have a bug with my angeleyes of the right side (passengers sides). Everytime I got stuck in traffic jam, with today's warm's temperature, once the engine starts again (auto start/stop mode ON) these angeleyes turn off with a error message appearing. To solve it, just turn on regular lights and it will light up the led again. Car will go to the dealer for this issue.

Cheers

Sank
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #42
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Charging/connecting my phone through the USB interface is not working properly. Interface can't seem to decide wether the phone is connected or not. Phone changes state - charging/not charging - continuously with 1 sec interval. Have tested other phones w same result. Problem is intermittent.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #43
cesaroctavio_80
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Trunk rattles!! Knock on wood no more issues on the X4
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #44
Truls
Rep
Drives: X4 2,0d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaroctavio_80 View Post
Trunk rattles!! Knock on wood no more issues on the X4
Mine also has some sort of rattle/creak from the trunk when I drive in small bumps or on uneven surface

I think maybe it's the lid that moves on its stoppers
Appreciate 0