BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver

Well how about a list of what you do use it for and if it works OK, such as Bluetooth calls, audio, usb audio, Album art, BMW Apps, BMW Office.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Here's what I've done so far, I can test the rest for you:

1. Bluetooth calls work fine. When you answer the phone the assigned ringtone can sometimes play through the speakers momentarily <1 sec.
2. Bluetooth audio works fine, didn't use it all that much but played music though it, and even streamed an app's content (baby white noise) using in app audio without any issue
3. USB audio - only tested for a brief moment, worked as expected for the 1/4 song I listened to
4. BMW Apps - I only confirmed that it worked. Downloaded content to phone, went to the "News" section and displayed correctly
5. BMW Office - I sent a single text message while plugged in, and it showed up within 5-10 seconds of receipt
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Here's what I've done so far, I can test the rest for you:

1. Bluetooth calls work fine. When you answer the phone the assigned ringtone can sometimes play through the speakers momentarily <1 sec.
2. Bluetooth audio works fine, didn't use it all that much but played music though it, and even streamed an app's content (baby white noise) using in app audio without any issue
3. USB audio - only tested for a brief moment, worked as expected for the 1/4 song I listened to
4. BMW Apps - I only confirmed that it worked. Downloaded content to phone, went to the "News" section and displayed correctly
5. BMW Office - I sent a single text message while plugged in, and it showed up within 5-10 seconds of receipt
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #26
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver

Thanks PAMidge thats great. I presume you used the stock White Lighting cable and not an adaptor with an old 30-pin cable?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #27
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I also have an iPhone 5 now so will have a look but I can't do anything yet because I need a new nano-SIM to activate it. Why did no-one tell me they were going to change the SIM?!?! Annoying

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #28
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
you a re correct, lightning cable.

Big deal, just go to an AT&T store and get a new sim. It literally takes 3 minutes to switch over the sim.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMidge View Post
you a re correct, lightning cable.

Big deal, just go to an AT&T store and get a new sim. It literally takes 3 minutes to switch over the sim.
Yes, i'm aware of how long it takes to change it (although I could easily do it in 30 seconds ), I just missed the warning when I ordered that I would need a different SIM. I assumed with the phone getting longer, the SIM wouldn't get shorter! I have to get it delivered but they say it could arrive tomorrow. Like a kid that got his long-awaited Christmas present but there were no batteries and all the shops were closed.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0