BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
charlie67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche, F25

Carpet protection

Hi. Has anyone put scotchguard or something onto their mats to minimise the wear and tear? If so what have you used. Thanks. I know the dealer does this as part of their seal and protect offer, but Im not taking this option.
      07-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Best option is to replace the carpet with rubber mats. I still have the carpet mats in a sealed plastic bag from the manufacturer.
      07-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie67 View Post
Hi. Has anyone put scotchguard or something onto their mats to minimise the wear and tear? If so what have you used. Thanks. I know the dealer does this as part of their seal and protect offer, but Im not taking this option.
I had the dealer official 'Vehicle Protection Programme' to supposedly preserve and protect body paint (Alpine) but it was also applied to all seating, carpeting, etc. Its too early to judge its effectiveness and especially on the carpeting where I got some rubber mats for basic protection and that has worked well this past couple of (wet) months. I have seen sprays available which claim to protect carpeting or make it easier to clean, but can't find the link at the moment, and perhaps you could do a web search.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
dwkl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie67 View Post
I went to Target and bought a few cans of 3M Scotchguard carpet spray for the interior, including the trunk. After owning this car for a year, the interior still looks very clean and new.

In Denver, we got some snow this year and I track a lot of dirt and snow in. I was able to easily clean the dirt up by vacuuming. I also have the original BMW X3 liner floor mats. These are the rubber floor mats but it is shaped with a taller lip on the edges.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
charlie67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche, F25

Thanks. I think i'll try the scotchguard route. I normally use rubber mats for when its wet, but they dont look as nice as carpet. Good idea about the trunk.