BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Havanna Brown Nevada Leather seats

Hi, anyone have real pics of Havanna Brown Nevada Leather? The configurator does do justice for red brown leather is acutally red and wonder how the Havanna Brown Nevada Leather looks in real life. Deciding betwen the 2 for my order.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

I am also looking at getting the Havanna Brown Nevada Leather but haven't seen any real life pics on the net. My dealer said they have all the leather samples, so i will probably have a very close inspection before putting the order. I might take a few pics while I am there.

Were you looking at getting the aluminium/satin or the one of the wood interior? I think fineline wave (dark brown) wood trim is the only wood trim that matches the brown nevada leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Here you go (courtesy of Motor-Talk.de)
Attached Images

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Still having a hard time trying to figure out what it looks like. The passenger seat looks like a different color in the first pic! It seems to switch from grey to brown…(and I'm assuming havana = our mojave here in the US?)
      01-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Its a strange colour, cant think of any of the trims that would go with it

Also the black contrast doesnt look right with the Havanna

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Its a strange colour, cant think of any of the trims that would go with it

Also the black contrast doesnt look right with the Havanna
Wouldn't the fineline wave go well with the Havanna?

I was hoping the brown was a bit darker. Could the flash from the camera be making it lighter than what it really is? Can those who have seen this colour in person able to comment?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Hopelessly ugly with the black plastic.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Here you go (courtesy of Motor-Talk.de)
thanks for posting, I have to say what a hideous color?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #9
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Hopelessly ugly with the black plastic.
+1

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Worse combination I've seen so far

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #11
ktjernstrom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Xdrive20d 2011

Thanks, that helped me avoid what might have been a terrible mistake. I initially ordered my new X3 with Black Nevada leather, but later changed that to Havanna, which I thought would look cool together with the Alpine white exterior.

These IRL pictures have convinced me that Black is the way to fly...

Karl
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Think you chose right with black leather!

Dont rely on web pics or brochures, you got to see leather samples (my dealer still does not have samples 6/7 weeks after launch

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
ktjernstrom
Private
Rep

Quote:
Think you chose right with black leather!

Dont rely on web pics or brochures, you got to see leather samples (my dealer still does not have samples 6/7 weeks after launch
Well, thing is I actually looked at leather samples. But apparently, as when repainting around the house, it's hard to assess what a specific color will look like when covering larger surfaces than just that little sample.

In this case, it just didn't feel like it works as a total package. Black it is.

I was hoping it would feel a bit "pimp", together with Alpine White exterior and the 309 alloys, but black will make for a nice "clean" look.

Just wish I could get the rails in black instead of silver...

Karl
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #14
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi,

I was at the dealership at the weekend and saw a sample of this leather and its actually choloclate brown.

The colour included in this thread looks to have come up completely different due to the use of the flash. I did a simple experiement at home on my sofa that has the same brown leather and with the use of the flash, the colour becomes very light (like the pic above).

My reccomendation is to see the sample before ordering.

cheers,
MPK
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
ktjernstrom
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK View Post
Hi,

I was at the dealership at the weekend and saw a sample of this leather and its actually choloclate brown.

The colour included in this thread looks to have come up completely different due to the use of the flash. I did a simple experiement at home on my sofa that has the same brown leather and with the use of the flash, the colour becomes very light (like the pic above).

cheers,
MPK
I agree, the sample looks different and much warmer in color. Still, it doesn't change the overall impression that the Havanna doesn't match the rest of the interior (mainly the black).

I'm happy I had time to change to black. Saw an Alpine white car with Black Nevada leather in my dealer's showroom, and it looked amazing.

Karl
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK View Post
Hi,

cheers,
MPK
MPK, I am very interested to know the actual colour here. I have a alpine car ordered, but I can't decide in terms of interior. When you say choc brown, are you talking tim tam milk choc version colour, or tim tam dark choc colour? Or neither?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
MPK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
MPK, I am very interested to know the actual colour here. I have a alpine car ordered, but I can't decide in terms of interior. When you say choc brown, are you talking tim tam milk choc version colour, or tim tam dark choc colour? Or neither?
Way, I'd have to say it looked more like TimTam choc. Have you seen the pics at http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483053

See if you can get acove to post some close up pics of the leather taken without flash, preferablly take during daylight. Were you not able to see a sample at your dealership?

Cheers,
MPK
Appreciate 0