BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
SC
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Question on PCD and paying for car?

For those who did PCD, when did you have to pay for your car? I was told today usually my dealer requires you to pay 30 days before your scheduled pick up. Granted i was not told this when I ordered my X3 or scheduled the PCD. We are scheduled for June 30.

The issue is we don't want to turn in our trade in and be short a vehicle for 2.5 weeks. A few days is ok.

I asked if a loaner was available but have not heard back.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
tuatua
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 28d

Our dealer asked us to come in 2-3 days prior to do the paperwork. PCD for our new 28d is June 25! Since we live in Asheville, we drop our old car off at the dealer the afternoon before and they drive us down to the hotel in Spartanburg.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
I just signed the paperwork for my car last night and my PCD is the 19th. The dealer said it needed to be done one week prior (I went a few days early due to scheduling conflicts). I'm turning in my old lease on Saturday. So, I'll be without a car for 4 days.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
SC
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Thanks, sounds like it is going to work out for us to go in 4-5 days before we leave and finalize everything.

I ordered my X3 on Sat May 24th, but with the Memorial Day holiday they could not enter the order to the factory until Tuesday May 27th. Surprising it was done being built on Jun 3rd. They gave me the option of going to PCD as early as June 23 but I can't make it that week so I will pick it up on June 30. About a month from when I placed the order.

I can't wait, my first BMW... 35i, XLine, Melbourne Red, Mocha interior, Burl Walnut Trim, Navigation, Cold Weather package, Driver Assistance package, Premium package
Attached Images

Last edited by SC; 06-11-2014 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Add picture
Appreciate 0