BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Arrow ***Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - January 1st - 7th, 2017***

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
WannabeRacer.com

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations and plasti dip paint jobs between the dates of January 1st - January 7th.

E-mail me at Don@WannabeRacer.com to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal January 2016 Trip
Car type and year:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Visit my website to view more pictures of the various types of services I offer. Even if you do not see a related type of service, feel free to ask, as I may offer it, but I just don't have it pictured/listed: http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com/services/

Days that I will be available for appointments. I am still finalizing the details, but these are the tentative dates that I'll be aiming for.

January 2nd - Monday
January 3rd - Tuesday
January 4th - Wednesday
January 5th - Thursday - Fully booked
January 6th - Friday
There is a *slight* possibility that I may be available either Sunday January 1st and Saturday January 7th as well, but those days are still uncertain right now.

Thanks!
Don@WannabeRacer.com

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I always do enjoy having modified cars come by to have work done on their cars. The owner of this carbon black BMW E39 M5 came by to have me apply my light tint material to his whole tail light. This is the same material/shade that you see me using in all of my previous pictures of tinted tail lights. It may appear slightly lighter on this specific car, but that’s because on darker colored cars (IE black, dark grey, etc) the contrast between the tint shade and the car is not as big, so it’ll appear lighter than it does on lighter colored cars (IE white, silver, etc). He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Left/driver side tinted - Right/passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com.com
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this alpine white BMW E92 M3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The black roof really completely changes the look of the car, as you can see in the before/after pictures. The vinyl gets tucked in every where along the roof, rails, and antenna, during the installation. This makes sure that the roof holds longer over time and to the elements. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #4
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this blue F10 BMW 550i contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap the diffuser on his car with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. He brought his car out to me in Orange County from around Riverside, for me do to the work on his car. Usually a lot of diffusers are not very practical to wrap due to their shapes/curves, which makes it hard for the vinyl to stick and stay conformed to over time. However, this one was fairly flat and there wasn't too much heat from around the exhaust areas on this car so that was a good thing as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber interior wrap

Although most people probably go with the slightly glossier 3M 1080 carbon wrap for their interiors, the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber is still a good option for those who want something that looks/resembles dry carbon more. The size of the weave and color also varies a bit between the two carbon fiber materials offered by 3M as well. For this BMW F10 M5 sedan, we vinyl wrapped the interior with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber finish vinyl material over the factory wood trim pieces on the car. The blend of the carbon fiber look and the aluminum trim accents compliment each other fairly well I think. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles / Inglewood or Santa Monica and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his interior.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #6
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #7
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:23 AM   #8
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Had this brand new white BMW F32 335i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, but the owner had actually already started doing quite a few medications to it, by the time it arrived at my shop to have the work done. The gloss black roof looks good, and adds a nice touch to the car, and will tie in the look of the car fairly well as he continues to modify it.

Before:

After:

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #9
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I’ve had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I’ve done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I’ve done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 03:20 PM   #10
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car actually had me work on his car twice on the same day. He originally brought his white BMW 535i F10 sedan to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the sport package/shadow trim look. After he saw how the gloss black window trim looked, he actually came back and ended up having me wrap his vertical B pillars in gloss black as well, to match the rest of the gloss black window trim. The owner of this car was from Pasadena/Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #11
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this alpine white F12 650 or 640 coupe was from Diamond Bar and came over to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me do the car wrap on his car. We went with my gloss black vinyl material for the roof of his car, to complete the glass panoramic look for the car. The owner decided to leave the roof rails white and did not have me vinyl wrap them along with the rest of the roof for this car wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #12
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #13
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This brand new BMW F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and to also black out his chrome window trim with the gloss black vinyl material as well. I took some more detailed and up close pictures of the work to show you guys how everything looks once done and to see the finer details of my work/installations. If you guys ever have any specific requests, feel free to let me know. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hlls/Orange County to have the installation done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #14
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

From big car wrap jobs to small car wrap projects, we do them all. The owner of this brand new Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i sedan came by to have me apply a gloss black vinyl car wrap to the lower side portions of his front bumper. This gave it a black front splitter effect, but maintaining the stock factory OEM BMW lines and curves of the bumper. The advantage to this as well is that it is completely reversible without any affects on the paint. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #15
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car was from out of state and brought in his car to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get some vinyl work done on it. He had me vinyl wrap the roof in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish and also had me light smoke/tint his rear tail lights on his white BMW 128i coupe. The owner of this car was trying to replicate the look that the M3 E92 coupes have on roofs stock carbon fiber from the factory. This is as close as you’re going to get to that effect/look without actually changing out the entire roof.

Before:

During: Driver/left side tinted/smoked - passenger/right side stock

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 07:38 PM   #16
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Tinted / smoked tail lights

I lightly tinted / smoked the tail lights on this black Audi S5 coupe. I tried to take pictures of the tail lights at various angles and lighting, to help give you guys a better idea of how the tint film changes depending on how the light is hitting it. The light shade gives the car a fairly factory / OEM look still, but a nice noticeable change in overall look of the car. The film that I use is designed to mimic the look of how some cars come from the factory with already slightly darker tail lights nowadays. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Pasadena to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #17
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For this rare estoril blue E46 M3 coupe, I installed my gloss black vinyl material to the roof of the car. If I can remember correctly, the paint that was already on the roof was not in that great of a shape, so the owner wanted to cover it up and prevent it from further deteriorating and as a non permanent solution until he had the roof repainted. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hill/sOrange county to have the work done. I think the gloss black finish went well with the bright blue color of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #18
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this car worked down the street from us in Anaheim Hills over at VMR wheels. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his Alpine White F22 235i 2 door coupe. We went with gloss black on his window trim to give it the factory OEM look. Before blacking out the chrome window trim, it stood out quite a bit. After applying a gloss black vinyl film over it, it toned it down, complimenting his tinted windows fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #19
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For those who are looking to get some vinyl wrap work done, I have a few available spots left on Tuesday Jan 3rd, starting from 3pm and onwards that I am looking to fill.

Send me a message and I'll be able to offer you a discounted price.

Thanks!

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #20
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

If anyone wanted to try and get some last minute work done, I have some availability today, depending on time. I also have one available spot left on Thursday at 9am.

thanks!

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #21
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap

This is a previous customer of mine that had some vinyl work done by me as well. This time around, he brought by his white Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan to have me wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black blends in fairly well with the glass sunroof. The owner of this car was from Cerritos / Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange county to have the work done. It is almost like this car was meant to come with a black roof, since the side roof rails and antenna for some reason come gloss black from the factory already as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Thanks again for everyone who was able to make it out to me in the San Jose / Bay Area.

For those who were interested but didn't have the opportunity to get the vinyl work done by me this time, I may be back up in the Bay Area to do vinyl wraps again sometime in March. Send me a e-mail at Don@WannabeRacer.com if you are, and you'll get priority at scheduling for appointment slots once they're available and finalized.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0