BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

iPhone 4 media snap in

Hello Everyone,

Have X3 35i for a week. For some reason my iPhone 4 is not being recognized as a plugin. Has anyone worked through this issue?
      09-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
drwoodsy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
Hello Everyone,

Have X3 35i for a week. For some reason my iPhone 4 is not being recognized as a plugin. Has anyone worked through this issue?
All seems hit and miss to me. Can't get the connected app to work at the moment and only once have I got the apps to appear in idrive.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #3
vulle
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20d -11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodsy View Post
All seems hit and miss to me. Can't get the connected app to work at the moment and only once have I got the apps to appear in idrive.
I've been lucky with the Connected app and have gotten it to work without any problems. I just need to start the app on my iPhone, it can't be done through iDrive.

I really like the internet radio and also the last mile function. It's useful to see where I have parked, how much fuel I have left etc. Facebook and Twitter are fun to have but not that useful on my iDrive screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I had that happen with my first 35i and took it in for service. They said it was a software glitch that had no remedy at the time (back in June). Do you have the latest version of software running on your phone? If not, maybe try updating it and then plugging it in to see if it makes a difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
I had that happen with my first 35i and took it in for service. They said it was a software glitch that had no remedy at the time (back in June). Do you have the latest version of software running on your phone? If not, maybe try updating it and then plugging it in to see if it makes a difference.
Thank you very much!
      09-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
drwoodsy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Thank you very much!
Spent some time trying to get the connected app to work with iphone4 and snap in adapter but no lick. All software is the latest but the connection test says the end user device is incompatible. So far useless. Any ideas on a solution?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Spent some time trying to get the connected app to work with iphone4 and snap in adapter but no lick. All software is the latest but the connection test says the end user device is incompatible. So far useless. Any ideas on a solution?
Does it work using the white USB cable plugged into the armrest?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've done some research over the weekend on the message boards. Really have two paths to confirm: #1 right hardware (iphone 4 media) and #2 sofware (vehicle and iPhone 4).

My media adapter works with the apps but not music or video. I decided that I would rather use the USB connection anyway. It gives me everything I want (music, playlists, phone, Pandora, apps, etc.) plus I can keep the iPhone in the case. The only thing I can't access is videos. Not a big deal from my perspective. Maybe the iPhone 5 will be more of a success from both sides.

Over the weekend the dealer tech wanted to take apart my armrest to see if connections are ok. I declined. Did not want to get into that for possibly nothing and risk having him pull the thing a part.
      09-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
drwoodsy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Quote:
Does it work using the white USB cable plugged into the armrest?
I will try that next. Thanks.
Appreciate 0