BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Alpine white with...
Beige 5 11.63%
Mojave 14 32.56%
Black 24 55.81%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

09-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
according to the X3 brochure I got from the dealer, it would appear that both Mojave and Chestnut need to be ordered, as well as exterior colors Vermillion Red, Blue Water and Sparkling Bronze (page 46)

that being said, you may not find a Mojave interior on a dealer lot. I think it goes w/ every exterior color except maybe Bronze due to a lack of contrast.

Not sure how this applies though, it seems like each dealer gets a set of build slots per month - and when a slot is not pre-sold the dealer can spec it how they want to put on their lot for sale - but i guess they have guidelines of what to order and not order.

Didn't stop me from ordering Mojave - i just used member picts on this board to compare mojave to chestnut - and i saw deep sea blue w/ beige on the lot in a 28i with no packages (yawn).
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #24
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

I just looked Mojave-pictures here and they look terrible. At least from Europe's point of view that color looks like 80's US-car interior which makes it look cheap, old and boring.

But of course it is cultural thing as well, so no hard feelings.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
I just looked Mojave-pictures here and they look terrible. At least from Europe's point of view that color looks like 80's US-car interior which makes it look cheap, old and boring.

But of course it is cultural thing as well, so no hard feelings.
Ya and the problem at this point is these color threads are really all just a collective of opinions that may not agree at all If you saw my X3 in person you would retract your comment is all I can say.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashy09 View Post
I decided to go with the black. That's what the forum poll said so it was easy. (That is a joke!!). It was my first choice, then I switched to Oyster but I just couldn't feel at ease with it completely and worried I would be either super neurotic about my husband, baby, and dogs and drive everyone crazy or I would give up and it would look like terrible.

In the past I have always gone with black for the same reason, since it does not show scuffs or general wear and tear. So it's good from that standpoint. But it does show dust like crazy, and I almost think it's trading one problem for another. I drive/work in a lot of dusty areas, and do a lot of woodworking and chainsawing. All of that grunge sticks out big time on the black.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #27
Penso di no
lapsed
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Yeah, but mostly you just seem sort of attention starved. No one is offended (least I'm not), but these questions are very tiresome. Frankly, we don't care. Get Mary Kay pink or International Orange if you want.... shag carpet seat covers would be nice too.... it's your car. Make a decision.
Bit harsh there, zep.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #28
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penso di no View Post
Bit harsh there, zep.
Perhaps. That really wasn't the intent, not in a personal way. I generally just ignore the "tell me what I want" stuff, but there were like 3 threads from the same OP on the same topic... trust me, if I was trying to be mean, it would have been much worse.

No offense meant toward the OP, the heavily toned sarcasm was intentional, but not meant to wound.

Just wait until late October.... when we see the forum fill up with "I got this little snowflake thing and a chime went off... what does it mean?"

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #29
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
i went to my dealer today for a car wash now that it finally stopped raining - saw an M sport 35i Alpine White w/ Mojave - its really pretty. not properly equipped though - someone spec'd an M sport 35i w/o tech package? whats the point of spending that much and skipping tech? Its the first time i've seen an M sport in person - just made me happy w/ what I bought.

had a little reunion at the dealer too - turns out the CA who sold me my 328xi 4 years ago at another local dealer is now there - and my former 328xi is sitting on the lot for sale CPO.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #30
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
i went to my dealer today for a car wash now that it finally stopped raining - saw an M sport 35i Alpine White w/ Mojave - its really pretty. not properly equipped though - someone spec'd an M sport 35i w/o tech package? whats the point of spending that much and skipping tech? Its the first time i've seen an M sport in person - just made me happy w/ what I bought.
Well, hate to disappoint you on two counts but I bought my 35i MSport "not properly equipped" as well (according to you); and I much prefer the MSport appearance to your ordinary one.

These things are subjective calls, not absolute rules. Since we are making these subjective calls, who takes their car to the dealer for a car wash?

Have a nice day.